Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Exactly Corrugated Metal

This is a double hitter for the challenge games! It fits in with StampinB’s challenge to “use metal on a card” and Splitcoast Stampers challenge WT225 Out of the Box “use corrugated cardboard” challenge.

~The design paper is from the $Tree – Miss Elizabeth – I smudged it up with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Faded Jeans. I have a 'thing' for smudging - flat surfaces of design paper and almost ALL edges. I like the vintage feel it adds. I think it also makes layers look less flat. I also like the chic, flared edges obtained when 'roughin' up edges obtain by holding the cardstock vertically and scraping the edge with the side of my metal ruler.
~The blue/star paper is from the same package (whooooo hooooo- 6 sheets of dp for a buck - Dollar Tree Therapy - ya gotta love it!). I zip-zag stitched around the blue/star dp with black thread (yes I was tooooo lazy to change thread) and tied a piece of twine through hole punches and then around the rectangle end.
~The “flag” is corrugated box – with the top layer of paper peeled off and lightly smudged with Fired Brick, Blue Jean and White inks
~The star is a rusted metal star rescued from a candle jar – the hole was already punched in one of the star points so I tied a piece of jute through it.
~Double Dog Dare Time. Admit it! You too have an embellishment or piece of design paper that you purchased because you LOVE it. You tuck it away and occasionally fondly look at it. You may even get it out and with firm determination tell yourself - I'm going to use this today! You pick up the instrument of incision, or possible destruction, (your scissors, your paper cutter) and as you feel your circulation pool in your nether regions you STOP. You can't make yourself use it - because then "you won't have it anymore". I know quilters experience this pang of OMGoodness - can I really cut into this??? Well, anyway, that is how I felt about the rusty star. I really, really like it!!! Makes me want to run out and buy sheet metal, tin snips, and get it to rustin'!

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.