Sunday, October 16, 2016

Falling for Fall


It was my favorite time of year! Autumn! To be perfectly honest EVERY change of season is my favorite! I love the change that magically happens every season. I love the change of the leaves. I love the first snowfall. I love the first peeks of spring blossoms.
 
We may not have the spectacular colors of the upper Northeast but we do have some pretty vibrant  colors here in the Midwest.
 
Cardinal bush (at a McDonald's). I don't think the car behind me appreciated me taking a photo and delaying his Big Mac!
  
 Some green. Some red. Some gold.
 
Red blushes.
 
This one has only half embraced autumn!
 
I love the seeing the mix of summer touched by oncoming fall.
 
Bold golds!
 
Just a hint of autumn.
 
 
So with fall in the air - a fall color card is in order!
 
Thankful for the Clearance Aisle
~Base card PaperTrey Ink
~Layer of DCWV Indian Summer design paper
~Olive and rust cardstock die cuts using Nestabilities Labels 2
~The rest of the die cuts are Sizzix ThinLits by Jen Long (bought this on my trip to Atlanta, Ga - clearance aisle of Hobby Lobby!! I hit the jackpot there!)
Inspiration | Challenges
Just Us Girls - color week - gold, olive, rust
Southern Girls - punches and dies

Here's to crisp autumnal temperatures, seasonal changes, finding deeply discounted die cuts, and the memories of sister time when I use items purchased during our holiday time together!

Nancy in Iowa

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.