Monday, October 10, 2016

A Touch of Flavor

Again, the weekend dissolves quicker than a popsicle on a blistering hot summer day. Why is that!? Yesterday included a trip to Omaha for hair cut. And I mean hair CUT! I got my hair cut short enough FOR a blistering hot summer day. I haven't had SHORT hair in years! This is going to take some getting used to... Also had dinner with Omaha sista which included Bloody Marys AND sweet potato fries - YUM!!!!

Today we went to Junkstock. We attempted yesterday - but the line of cars to get in was backed up for MILES. I voted NO! They estimate there were 10,000 in attendance yesterday! YIKES! So we went today. Still plenty of junk to be had! I love to see not only the creative re-purposing but the vintage items, and the displays. It is a day of creative overload always topped off with kettlecorn!


 Actual doors at the entrance! So many details!
 

Who doesn't love pom-pom garland!?

Cute display or what!!!???

Now...on to the card. I may have done a little 'fudging'.... I can't believe in my vast collection of stamps I don't have a pineapple! I have vegies galore! I have strawberries, grapes, apples...but alas no pineapple. So I used "pineapple flavoring" when I created this cupcake! No - REALLY!!! Okay so disqualify me. I had fun coming up with a 'work-around'! And isn't that what card challenges should be: fun and CHALLENGIING!?


 


Pineapple Concentrate Flavoring
~White base card
~My Mind's Eye Penny Lane design cardstock layer
~Washi tape
~Buttons
~Floss
~TPC Cupcake stamp, stamped on stripe cardstock, cupcake top stamped on yellow glitter cardstock
~Scallop circle with yellow punched dots
Inspiration | Challenges
Just Us Girls - trend week - pineapple
Fusion - sketch

Here's to making do, seizing the cupcake and the challenge, and moving forward!


Nancy in Iowa

5 comments:

  1. Well this is a great work-around, indeed. Super sweet (no pun) and very cheery. LOVE the cute button accents and rainbow cupcake paper. Well done, thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to be busy!.....This is gorgeous l love all the detail added x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative to use pineapple concentrate flavoring! Your card is adorable done up in pineapple colors. So glad you played along with us this week at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The button embellishments add that extra little special touch to turn this card into an Awwwwwwdorable creation! Thanks for playing along at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.