Friday, July 24, 2009

Not So Faded Glory

Just a card tonight. No rambling on and on. Wedding tomorrow in Gretna, NE. Now why didn't I make a wedding card? I saw a BEAUTIFUL one on Splitcoast this evening using the flower powder stuff (can you tell I don't have any cuz' I don't know the name of it) but it is too late to start a card now. Gonna have to put flower powder stuff on the wish list now! The card, by Katie R was AMAZING.

This Card Ingrediants:

~Base card is a light blue Bazzill texture

~Blue star layer is Miss Elizabeth from the $Tree

~Garment tag rescued from the trash! The tag ‘Faded Glory’ from Walmart. The cardstock is heavy and I like the weathered barn red and old gold crackle. I added a side piece of vanilla confetti cardstock smudged with pastels to make to word ‘glory’ pop a bit. I covered the word along the bottom right vertical side with a piece of navy cardstock , smudged it up a bit, and added three tan eyelets. On the pre-printed circle (top right) – I added three small silver brads, diagonally, to cover up the 1976 so that it read “genuine brand est. brad, brad, brad.”

~The ‘freedom’ medallion I purchased at the $Tree. I was reluctant to purchase it (yes even though it was only one dollar and came with three other 3D’s) because the white of the image was tooooo white. But today knew I wanted to finally put them into service. Before I could make myself use these I dulled up the white areas with tea staining and added water based varnish coats. The medallion is strategically place over some Faded Glory text advertising!

~The larger star was cut using a fiscars die cutter. I used a pattern paper for the star and since it was kinda flimsy I gave it a coat of Crackle Accents.

~I added three button stars threaded with twine

~Several types of jute and cord were used at the top

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

Sista G - get ready for 'the soup' I'm bringing it - broccoli and all - tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.