Monday, October 3, 2016

Patio Life

Wow! It has been so long since I blogged I wasn't sure I would remember how to do it! Card - check!
Something to blog about...SO many topics to get caught up on!

I need to get my thoughts organized and get back on the blog track. That will also means getting back to making cards! Where did the summer go? Not into making cards that is for sure - but on a positive note my patio looks great! That is where most of my after-work hour were spent. Not here in my 'fiber bubble' but outside in the 'patio bubble'! I kept hubby very busy in HIS 'work-shop bubble'!

So...I had this wine rack. I made several attempts to give it away. After no takers. I was just about to send it to the thrift store when I had a "scathingly brilliant" idea. A little PVC pipe, some paint, a few succulents and a little help from hubby dearest... He cut the lengths of PVC and sliced the oval openings. He made the legs/stand for the final product. And BOOM! An instant color popping planter all from a repurposed wine rack.

Rejected wine rack. PVC cut with oval slits.
 
Painted and planted and attached to stand.
 
 Patio corner!
 


I'll post more patio pics in a later blog (yes I plan to get back to blogging and carding). On to the card.


Thanks a Bunch (of leaves)
~Base card PaperTrey Ink
~Layer of off white confetti card stock sprayed with Distress Spray Stains - Mermaid Lagoon; Abandoned Coral; Cracked Pistachio
~Taylored Expressions Leafy Branches using DCWV Indian Summer cardstock
~Thanks die cut
Inspiration | Challenges
Just Us Girls -  Word Week 'Leaves'
Retro Sketches - sketch #209
Craft Your Passion - anything
Dies R Us - leaves/trees

Thanks for clicking by.

Here's to Haley Mills, "The Trouble with Angels", patio life, and getting back to my 'bubble'!

Nancy in Iowa

6 comments:

  1. I love the pops of color on your background and those pretty plaid leaves. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome ... love the artsy design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘The Leaves on the Trees’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to see you again at Just Us Girls Nancy. Love your take on our Leaves challenge. Nice choice of colours with the splats. Love what you did with the wine rack and such cool colours. I know one of the Jugheads would love it as it was. Thanks for sharing your new creation and your card of course with us. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and fun card! Great use of the misting technique. Thanks for joining the Dies R Us, "Leaves on the Trees" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for our ATG challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.