Sunday, April 10, 2016

Smooshed Junk

Where does the weekend go? I can't believe I have to go back to work already! I need a course in time management. I need to manage to find more time to spend in my Bubble making cards and pretending I am creative and productive.

I shouldn't complain. I did take Friday off to go with a friend to JunkStock in Omaha, NE. It was great fun. So much fun in fact that I went back on Saturday with husband dearest. Junk, crafts, kettle corn, antiques, more junk, festival food, lots of walking, kettle corn, live music, interesting people, more junk (did I mention kettle corn?) ...it was a great two days! Even though I don't 'do crafts' (just cards) I came away inspired.

Once I take a photo of my lovely purchases I will post them! First I have to do a little work on a couple of them...note to self - take before and after photos! I bought a print that needs a frame and I bought a little something/something for my sissies! Bet they will be THRILLED to find out I bought THEM some "junk" too!


Smooshed Daisies
~Base card - white card stock
~Frame of teal card stock
~Smooshed background using acrylic paints
~Watercolor Daisy stamp by Hampton Art
~Perfect Pearls Blue Raspberry flower centers
Inspiration | Challenges
Just Us Girls - trend week - smoosh technique
Southern Girls - anything goes
Fusion - color inspiration
Come and Get It - bright colors
Creative Corner - flowers

Thanks for clicking by!

Here's to getting tired and inspired all at the same time, hoping for better time management skills, and discovering 'treasures' amid 'the junk'!

Nancy in Iowa

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the mixed media feel to it and the gorgeous colours...thanks for entering into our current challenge and hope to see you again...{aNNie Southern Girls Challenge DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool background with the smooshed paint! I really like those pink and green rings. Love the daisy stamp you used on this, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a whole load of fun on your junk quest weekend. Love your fabulous card. The 'smooshed' background looks fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Southern Girls for our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week. We look forward to you joining us again soon. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy in Iowa! This is a wonderful background for your striking daisy stamp! Just studying the steps and techniques you used. Gorgeous!!! ~Nancy in CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that gorgeous background and your pretty card Nancy!! WOW! Just perfect in every way.
    The junk fair sounds like fun! I always pick up things at those too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background making a lovely card, Come And Get It again, Carol DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great design with your colorful background and the black stampings! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Card Challenge (and your weekend with junk, crafts and kettle corn sounds terrific!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way this turned out, very fun and pretty! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome colors for your smooshed background! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.