Monday, July 13, 2009

Verve a Poppin'

This is my Poppin’ Pastel response for the Anni-VERVE-sary Week 2. Now THIS one really WAS a challenge. I bombed on the Burnt Batik method – but did find I liked the BACK side of the batik – so will revisit that technique at a later date. I employed the poppin pastel technique instead.

~Base card is vanilla – with edges smudged. (I don’t think I can use or attaché ANYTHING without smudge the edges first – what’s up with THAT????) DP layer is BasicGrey Blush.

~Turquoise cardstock is adhered to dark brown cardstock. I embossed the turquoise with Ranger Clear and then Ranger Enamelware.

~The print ribbon was in a dollar bin at Michael’s – this was then threaded through a button.

~The circular layers consist of a circle of SU! Chocolate Chip, a dark brown (again – smudged edges) scallop punched, a white circle using the Poppin’ Pastel technique with SU! Big Pieces. I dotted the scallop centers with Crystal Effects. The center is a brad from Oriental Trading. The tiny flowers were punched from a $ Bin find at Michael’s.

I have to admit this was more challenge than fun – but it is what it is. Now I’m off the think about Viva La Verve Week3.

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.