Monday, July 20, 2009

Star Challenge

This is an Our Creative Corner challenge to use stars on a project. The ‘challenger’ at OCC was Jennifer Meyer.
~Base card is SU! I collaged torn pages from an old book - light layer of fine glitter (because I got heavy handed with the glue).
~Layer of smudged (Distress Ink Faded Jeans) kraft paper. Then layer of Miss Elizabeth red white dot stripes
~Smaller rectangle is also Miss Elizabeth as is the top flag print
~Small ribbon and cut out star adhered with dimensional
~Star is smudged and embossed with navy
~Swirl brads in both outer corners - I had to add these because the dimensionals that attached the kraft paper layer wouldn't stick to the old book text and the glitter. Then I added stars on the inside to hide the brad prongs. Sometimes, I just REFUSE to give up on a card! You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.