Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Keep it Simple

The SplitcoastStamper’s Clean & Simple challenge was to make a ‘clean and simple’ card using the colors turquoise, yellow, and orange.
I like quotes. I suppose it is because I think other people are much more articulate than I am. "Muses work all day long and then at night get together and dance." ~Edgar Degas

The point of this quote? I made a card last night and then my muses must have been up all night because when I woke up this morning – I took the card apart and revised it. The basic design is the same I just decided the trio of panels needed to be ‘Cuddle-Bugged’ (dry embossed). ...
hmmmm.....wonder if a card revision still fits into the 'simple' category. Darn those night-time muses!

So …here is the card ‘recipe’.
~White base card
~Three panels of the challenge colors - dry embossed with Cuddlebug
~Image is from Stampin Up ‘The World Over’
~Image colored in with Crayola crayons then melted with iron (okay so I don’t iron clothes with it...)
~Final touches: ribbon, prima flowers, and flower brads
I just realized I RARELY make a card without design paper!

Get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.