Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Friends Binny & Smith

No challenge today –just messin’ around spendin’ time in the bubble.
~Base card – Stampin’ Up!®Eggplant
~Design paper – MME Wild Asparagus
~Stamp – Stampin’ Up! Touch of Nature
Good News Bad News Alert:
The good news – I really like working with Copics The bad news – not EVERYTHING lends itself to the 5 colors I own
Good news – I really like Crayola® Crayons
More good news – I have LOTS of Crayons
So…. When life gives you lemons… you learn to improvise
~I colored in the image with good ol’ Binny & Smith Crayola® Crayons
Digression Alert: Yes, I know the B & S name was officially changed to Crayola in 2007 and yes I know the company is owned by Hallmark, however, I’m on a nostalgia jag so bear with me. I even cracked open a brand new box of 48! It’s the simple pleasures: slowly opening the hinged box… getting a whiff of the waxy Crayola® aroma… glimpsing all the colors, remembering without even looking – names of colors (burnt sienna, periwinkle, cornflower, maize...) But the biggest thrill? YES!!!! Every Crayon has that flawless point!!! Ahhhhh it’s the simple things in life……. This is fun. A timeline of Crayola history – including how the name came to be!
~After I colored in the image with crayons I use a hot iron to ‘melt’ the colors into blending
~When using a sheet of scrap paper to place between the crayoned image and the iron, the text from the scrap paper transferred onto the image area. Not to be one to toss and start over – I decided I LIKE the text included on the image. (more lemons & lemonades)
~The image was ‘oval-ed’ using Spellbinders® Nestabilities
~I spritzed the image oval with Memories Mists Blueberry Shake and Mango Lemonade. (SERIOUSLY it really is called Mango LEMONADE…hmmmm a recurring theme.)
~Another Nestie oval using SU!®Eggplant
~Design paper turned 90° and applied to more eggplant cardstock – flower brads added to 3 corners
~Ribbons added – and as long as I was in a ‘melty’ mood – I used my embossing gun to melt the sheer ribbons
~Inside text : My thoughts are with you. (Stampabilities®)

Sista G wants sympathy cards so this one is heading to the Omaha Basket. Get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.