Sunday, January 24, 2016

If You Build It

So much snow out East! Oh my goodness. I feel very blessed to be sitting in the midst of a mere foot of snow!

A local priest, from the Diocese I reside within, with a group of high school students headed to the March for Life in Washington, DC only to get "stranded" on the PA turnpike. So what do a bunch of kids on a bus with a priest do? Why, they hop out of the bus, create a snow alter, and the priest says Mass, of course! Mass, not only for the students but for hundreds of motorists who stopped by. Such an awesome experience for those in attendance!

No Roman Missal on hand? Have one in the bus but don't want it to get wet?
No worries! Pull up what you need on your iPhone!


"If you build it they will come."
 
So Much SNOW!
 
Speaking of travels. My card can relate. I finally used my Tim Holtz Compass Blueprint stamp and dies. Had so much fun with it! And THIS time I will remember to link up my card. TOTALLY forgot to do that last week so I missed out of some virtual atta girl from Just Us Girls and Shopping Our Stash. Note to self...compose...post...link!

 

Chevron Compass
~Base card - PaperTrey Ink Enchanted Evening
~Layer of gold color cardstock
~Layer of The Paper Studio The Garment District
~Sizzix stamps/dies by Tim Holtz
~Sentiment stamped using Not Quite Navy Stampin' Up ink
~Compass stamped on chevron layer and coordinating gold print from The Garment District
~Popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals
~Versamark and Stampendous Cobalt Blue
Challenges | Inspirations
Just Us Girls - photo week
Southern Girls - anything goes
Crazy for Challenges - popped
Shopping Our Stash - 3, 2, 1 (3 Tim Holtz stamps, 2 Tim Holtz dies, 1 embossing powder)
Stamping Sensations - anything with die and stamp

Here's to church alters of snow, faith, and finding the right direction!

Nancy in Iowa

10 comments:

  1. I hope everyone one on the bus got home safely....what an experience. My husband saw this on the news!

    Very cool card! Love the compass blueprint and those big chevrons.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely wonderful of that bus full of students and the priest! Awesome experience for everyone there I'm sure.
    Yes, way too much snow too!
    Love your cool looking card Nancy! That background is so pretty with those stamps. Fantastic!
    Sorry I haven't been around lately. Hubby has been having major health issues once again. Will be back in the swing of things now though - somewhat.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, like the compass stamp and die

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos! What an amazing experience for those young people!
    Love your inspired card!
    Thanks for joining this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool, great colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.

    Hugs, Alica :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome is that outdoor mass! Fabulous!
    I am loving your compass card! Here's a great big ATTA GIRL!
    Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "3-2-1-" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my lovely friend, did you think I was avoiding you? No snow my way, how the little people where I work long to see their first ever snow though I have to say I'm slightly relieved there's been none so far! I LOVE your card, I never think to stamp on patterned card, I really is a great look! oh, and whilst I'm here I'd best say I'm so glad that you shared your work with the Southern Girls this time, good luck and take care in the "white stuff!"Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that on the news! What an incredible way to turn a bad situation around! That is sooooo cool! Also cool is your awesome card! Love that compass stamp and your card design. Thanks for joining us at both Just Us Girls and Shopping Our Stash! Atta Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice masculine card. Love the papers you used. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats amazing. what a wonderful story to be a part of. Love the look of all that snow. What a great masculine card, lots of lovely little details. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.