Monday, July 13, 2009

Grunge-a-VERVE-sary


This is my grudge-y twist for Anni-VERVE-sary. (Verve) I LOVE grunge so this was too fun to pass up!

~Base card is Bazzill Basics card stock– with edges roughed up and smudged with Distress Ink Old Paper and StampinUp! (SU!) Really Rust. I rough up cardstock edges using the side of my favorite metal ruler.

~Bottom tilt layer is 'rescued' coverstock from the cover of a paper sample book. The design paper(DP) is My Mind’s EyeBohemian edges smudged with SU! Really Rust. On top of this DP I stamped SU! Canvas background stamp. I didn’t it press completely flat as I didn’t want the entire area stamped. I also stamped diagonally across the top right of the Bohemian DP with Distress Ink Old Paper. The bottom layer flourish is part of the original design paper.

~Next is a torn layer of black cardstock followed by a layer of self-adhesive fabric by Love, Elsie called Jack+Abby Apron Dot. Sissy G picked this cool one out AND bought it for me! How cool is that? I grudged-up this layer by cutting away the adhesive layer from the upper left corner so the fabric would curl. I also pulled some of the threads loose for a slightly raveled look. Then I used some coffee concentrate to make coffee cup stains on the fabric. Did I mention I LOVE coffee? I'm addicted to Douwe Egberts brand coffee....yummmmmm!

~The sentiment is by Inkadinkado. I stamped it with Stazon Saddle Brown onto the same DP used on the bottom tilt layer: Bohemian. I used an area that did not have the flourish. I smudged the edges and the top with Distress Ink Old Paper.

~Ribbon area includes sheer ribbon, twine, and jute tied to a printed ribbon. The printed ribbon was bright yellow background so I grudged-it-up with the coffee concentrate and then smudged with Baby Blue Stampabilities.

Get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.