Sunday, January 1, 2017

Just for the Joy of It!

I really like shopping at Target. I mean I REALLY like shopping at Target (or as my friend Lisa calls it "the hundred dollar store" - no matter what you go in for....you can't leave without spending a minimum of a hundred dollars.) I ESPECIALLY like the dollar aisle!

I found these kind of odd wood-look chipboard snowflakes. There were 6 of these oddities in the package so I decided to make six cards with simplicity, texture, and "joy" in mind. I hesitated in buying them as I wasn't sure what I would do with them. I think it was ONE WHOLE DOLLAR well spent!

Side view of the chipboard snowflake.







Joyful Joy
~Chipboard snowflakes
~Joy die cut
~Various embossing folders
Challenges | Inspirations
Shopping Our Stash - Winter Wonderland
My Time to Craft - Something new (chipboard snowflakes)
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes
Southern Girls - anything goes

Here's to Dollar Aisles everywhere, favorite department stores, bustin' out a dollar, and keepin' it simple!

Nancy in Iowa

4 comments:

  1. Oooh wow what a bargain your cards are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my lovely Nancy, it's good to see that you made good use of your bargain finds, you really are so creative! It made me smile to see you'd stopped by my blog, it really has been neglected, I've been far to busy sewing to papercraft! Happy New Year to you and your family from your blogging buddy!.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool!!! I am also a fan of Target-- love the dollar-bins!!! Glad you used these items, which could have easily ebbed up in your stash for years (ahem-- i have had my share of Target dollar-bins...) Thank you for sharing at SOS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very quirky! I wouldn't have known what to have done with them but these are great! Love how they are all different too.
    Thanks for sharing at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.