Monday, July 27, 2009

Inspiration from a BHG magazine - Really???


The weekend challenge at SplitcoastStampers was to get inspired by looking at a few room layout in a recent Better Homes and Garden. I scrolled through the choices and rather than get inspired by a room design I keyed in on a pillow. I really like throw pillows and I really really like buttons. so this pillow was just aching to be made into a card.

The gals over at Stampin B Design Team also posted a challenge to creat a 'tall' card using no stamps. This qualifies! So BINGO - one card two challenges! Is that cheating? Well the card took TWO days to complete so....does that count?

I should probably mention - that while I really like fabrics - I ONLY sew straight lines, only make quilts. Garments, curtains, pillows??? No way in God's Green Earth! This is the closest I will come to making a 'pillow'.

I started with a circle punch from white cardstock 1 11/16. Then i punched and punched and punched very small dots from a pattern paper. The pattern paper - kind of a dark salmon color with mildly lime tiny dots is from the 'Wild Asparagus' stack from MME. I started in the center of the white cardstock then individually glued every salmon colored punch dot down in a circular pattern working toward the outside. I decided to use paper punches instead of buttons like on the pillow - as the card would cause a mail carrier hernia had I used all the buttons it would have required. The stems were hand cut and smudged with ink. The border is a coordinating salmon colored paper from the 'Wild Asparagus' collection.
School starts SOON. The days are getting busier and more hectic. Where did the summer go?
Miss B is coming to my office at 6:30 in the morning. Poppy has salon day with Memere Old. Miss B will sleep on the love seat in my office for a time - them Poppy will come pick her up. I'm lucky to have such flexibility at work.
You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.