Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm stumped - I've encountered a variety on ToC

I managed to squeeze in time for one simple card tonight. I spent most of the evening at my mother’s house – working on crossword puzzles with her and my husband. I don’t particularly like crossword puzzles – probably because I’m not very good at them. But better a crossword puzzle than a jigsaw puzzle or God forbid – a LOGIC puzzle or Sudoku!!!

Found a challenge on SplitcoastStampers – a ‘Ways to Use It’ challenge that was right up my alley – to incorporate vintage elements into a card (or for some a craft item or scrapbook page). Don’t get me started on the subject of scrap-booking! I could be up all night disclosing my ‘nightmare experiences’ with three, wee little scrapbooks. I knew when I started the little devils I wasn’t going to like it – did THAT stop me? Oh NO – and not only did I NOT not make them – I made THREE (3) of these spawns of evil. Three count ‘em THREE – all the same theme! If I wanted to work in a factory I would have kept that job at the jeans manufacturer. (Ahhhh yes – another blog topic – my ONE day as a factory piece-meal worker. My friend who worked there for several years, encouragingly said, “That’s okay, at least you lasted a whole day. We’ve had people who started work in the morning, go on break and never come back. It’s really GOOD you put in a whole shift!”)

Anyway, where was I? Oh the challenge. And remember I’m double dipping. I'm seeking challenges that will pair up with my goal to get Mary Lee her 'Autumn, Thankful for her Employees' cards.

So just what is the Ways to Use It Challenge? It is simply an invitation to create a card using a particular product or tool.

This simple little ditty is:
~Base card – PaperTrey
~Layer of Studio paper – a light filigree design
~Strip of very substantial white lace (I’m not sure if the lace actually qualifies as ToC because I willingly took the lace without it being hidden as part of a mystery bag of pieces, shards, clips, snippets, remnants, of crap…I’ll have to give this some thought and get back to you.)
~Layer of brown cardstock under the lace for more contrast
~Sentiment is a rescued thank you from a store-bought thank you card (OMG – I think these are left-overs from one of the kid’s high school graduation packets! It is layered on cardstock, text from a vintage book, and more cardstock
~Swirl brad is the final touch

I have to get to bed – LONG day tomorrow. It involves college freshman, a hill, a ceremony, candles, and chapel. Besides, I think my Tylenol PM is starting to kick in. Gail – proofread this for me SOON!!!

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image. Thanks for popping by!
All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.