Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cupcake for Breakfast

Cupcake for breakfast...reminds me of the Bill Cosby monologue about serving cake to his children for breakfast. What a hysterical schtick! If you've never heard Bill Cosby "Himself"...I highly recommend it. If laughter 'is the best medicine' then this should be administered to everyone - annually.

I am on my way out the door to work (will pray in the car on the way and hope that suffices for church time!!). It is MAJOR CRUNCH time at work and I rather foolishly spent yesterday participating in a Blog Hop rather than go to work! So here I am with my twisted priorities... I spent all day in the bubble rather than my office.

I'll fill you in on the Blog Hop later (mixed review on that endeavor). I have a student government constitution to edit, reformat, and get to the executive committee before this afternoon! (Did I mention I' m a Student Government advisor?) It's a collateral assignment - AKA 'duties as assigned'. I'm not complaining, I enjoy it. PLUS it's a whole other BLOG story! (Bet you can't wait!)

About the card of the day:
Lime green base card
Layer of white cardstock - thinly frames the design paper from DCWV - I added Stickles (glitter glue) to the flower centers
Scallop circle punch with smudging - using pink ink
Cupcake colored with watercolor pencils, frosting tutti fruitti Stickles, flame yellow stickles
Cupcake stamp from Michael's dollar bin - stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black then fussy cut
The happy birthday is a sticker from the Dollar Tree
Assorted ribbons
Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!!! Another cupcake card for the series is in the bag! You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

I'm off to the Cliff...
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hot Lunch? They never had that when I went to school there - it was brown bag or go without.
    I too remember those wonderful sugar goodies of memere's. I'd like to see you in an apron, now thats a vision. Sissy in Omaha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.