Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hello Bubble, I've Missed You

Finally. I got to spend a short time in my Bubble. No one to stealthily creep up behind me, no nebulizer treatment to prepare, no feeling like Cinderella (with no chance in hell of attending the ball). I’m not really complaining about spending time with my 92 year-old mother – helping out as she recuperates. I just miss my bubble time. And card making? NOT exactly portable. Since I don’t plan ahead – I would have to take the whole bloody room with me!

Mother – daughter relationships. They are as varied as quilts and cards. I’ll leave it at that. THE slippers are back – center stage – and on the feet of their rightful owner. Again, I’ll leave it at that.

I love challenges – and now I have a new one!!! Friend Mary Lee has ‘challenged’ me to Autumn/Thankful cards. I actually got started on that project while double dipping in the challenge pool. I have been secretly applying to different stamp companies to become a temporary ‘design team’ member. I’ve never made the cut – but I still keep trying. So, I decided to submit the cards I am making for Mary Lee to the different design companies. Let me clarify – Mary Lee will get the cards – the companies only get images of the cards. Did you think I was going to make two of each? One for ML and one to send in? Now THAT would be a fun sucker! I don’t have a chance at getting accepted but it is a good excuse to challenge myself.

Here is the first card that will head to Omaha for Mary Lee.
~Base aard PaperTrey
~Edges of card smudged with Ranger ink
~Layer of Archiver’s textured brown cardstock
~Pumpkin paper by Paper StudioStamp Sentiment: May the bountiful blessings of this special season fill you home, by Stampabilites from Michael’s
~Sentiment layered on orange then brown cardstock. Leaves colored with General’s Kimberly watercolor pencils, berries filled in using Copics
~Assorted ribbon threaded using paper punch (it is really hard to find RUST colored ribbon!) You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

Now I'm off to work (yes it's Sunday). Move-in on campus DAY 2! Don't know who is more stunned at the price of textbooks - the students or the parents...

Thank you for checking in.
All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.