Sunday, January 31, 2010

Melted Lollipops

I spent the afternoon at my mother's today... I sometimes wonder if she alone isn't responsible for global warming - from inside her house. I swear it was at LEAST 90 degrees in her house - maybe even 92 degrees - one for every year of her age. I forgot to wear my summer clothes over to her house! Geessshhhh it was HOT! I am happy to report that we got her printer/copier working. (It was probably over heated from ambient temperatures!)

I needed to have a COOL down in my Bubble - so put together a quick card. Challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C22) was to use a lollipop. I had a card I made in December that really fit the bill but thought I should put together a FRESHER lollipop card.

Hello Lollipop
~Base card PTI
~Design paper - kimemories
~Scallop circle hot pink cardstock
~Circular punch of design paper
~Layers of cardstock topped with sentiment from the good 'ol dollar bin at Michael's
~Sentiment topped with glitter
~Lollipop stamp - Stampin' Up Very Punny - colored with Copics topped with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects
~Edges curved with punch

I've finally cooled down from the motherly visit. I don't normally work with pastels - wonder if my brain was melty while I was working on it! That's it for this weekend. I hope to get home early enough from work one day this week to grab some more Bubble time!

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.