Friday, January 29, 2010

Thirty Acres

In the time I've spent searching for garden (not just floral) digital images online I could have tilled up thirty acres and planted the perfect quintessential English garden. Oh WAIT, no I couldn't - I don't have thirty acres and even if I did - there is the matter of the THIRTY inches of snow outside!

I am happy to report that I did find one image online at KLM Digital Designs. What's up with no garden images? I can't be the ONLY one willing to purchase and use a garden digi! I did have a nice blog follower send me a note suggesting a few Stampin' Up stamps. Now THAT is a nice lady!

Today along with the cards for Mary Lee I was the Transfer-er in a Transfer-of-Crap event! Oh Yeah - I got rid of stuff this time. Sissy Gail is the recipient of a box of 'crap'. Ha Ha Your turn to mull over the contents and determine if they are 'keep worthy' or 'dump worthy' (or heaven forbid RE-Transfer-of-Crap worthy).

I looked to Mojo Monday for the perfect layout for the image and was not disappointed. And I can use this for the Dutch Dare challenge because the call there is for Summer in the Winter. Now for the card info...

At Long Last
~Base card PTI
~Layer of My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus
~Horizontal layer of same paper - on top of a layer of cardstock
~Twine
~Corner button
~Image Garden Shed colored in using colored pencils and Copics; flowers topped with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects; image area cut out, smudged with Distress Ink Old Paper; layered onto PTI with the edges roughed up
~Prima flowers with tiny buttons and petals topped off with a smidgen of Stampin' Up Crystal Effects

I have to admit - this one REALLY is better in real life than in digital-photography-uploaded-blogworld-life. It is not nearly as washed out as it appears here.

I can't believe it! I didn't even get the chance to hit "Publish Post" and I receive a text message from Sister Gail stating that my husband is on his way back from Omaha with - wait for it...wait for it...ToC!!!! I can't win!

P.S. I fixed the 'recieve' typo. My bad!

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.
All good wishes,
Nancy

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.