Friday, January 1, 2010

Atlanta Treasures

The challenge at Stampin' B's , is in honor of the new year, "we should celebrate both OLD and NEW, so..."Use your oldest Stamp and your newest Tool on a card".

Well, this snow angel is the oldest in my collection. It happens to be the first time I've ever used it too! The story of this stamp is linked to one of the many, annual, 3/5's Club trip. Sister Gail and I flew to Atlanta to see sister Judy. One of the annual events, within the annual trip, incorporates an opportunity to see nieces, nephew, grand-nieces, grand-nephews, and niece/nephews-in-law. While visiting niece Linda's 'new' house (the basement wasn't even finished yet) she showed us some of her handiwork. At that time she was designing images for 'Chunky Stamps' and for cross-stitch. She gave me several of her designs including this snow angel. Linda: You may want to think about designing rubber stamps or digi-stamps...(Just a thought...)

With snow angel and a variety of Chunky Stamps in hand, I didn't run home and start making cards but I did hang on to the stamps - just because Linda designed them. So while this isn't the first stamp that actually pushed me into the vortex of card making mania - it was one of the very first stamps - which was to become my stamp collection.

My newest tool is a snowflake punch.




Angel Linda

~Base card - Paper Trey Ink Aqua Mist
~Layer of brown cardstock
~Layer of Daisy D's Winter Fun Pad Collection
~Image - Duncan Crafts Snow Angel Chunky Layers
~Wings and halo stamped with Versamark Ranger Gold and Enchanted Gold embossing powders (hand-me-overs from Amy - lucky me!). All three stamped and cut out separately.

~Snow body:
1. Stamped with Stampabilities Baby Blue and over-stamped with Versamark using a Stampin Up snowflake and embossed with Tsukineko Turquoise powder
2. Eyes dotted with Stickles Black Diamond
3. Nose stamped, colored with Copics, coated with Ranger Crackle Accents, cut out, and attached with Glue Dot
4. Mouth dotted with black pen
5. Buttons
6. Twig arms are from long stem roses I dried and hadn't done anything with yet - attached using Glue Dots (I don't normally dry flowers but these were from someone special, received very unexpectantly, during a difficult time - WHAT am I TALKING about??? I don't NORMALLY receive long stem roses - period!!!)
7. Body attached to card using Scotch Pop-Up Foam Squares

~Snow mound is hand drawn on white cardstock smudged with Stampabilities Baby Blue overstamped with Hero Arts Snowflake Border using Tsukineko Turquoise and dotted wit globs of Ranger Crackle Accents
~Upper right corner: three snowflake punches with metallic star centers and aqua star brads - edges of snowflake cardstock punches dotted with Ranger Crackle Accents

I'm not sure what took longer - making the card or writing out the 'recipe' for it...

The metallic 'stars' on the snowflakes were part of a sweet package I won! Here is a photo of all the goodies!
I was the lucky Blog-Hopper at Paper Garden Projects Thank you Catherine St. Clair for hosting Winter Wonderland Garden Walk!

So, technically, my Stampin' B's challenge actually includes my first stamp, my newest tool AND unexpected treasures!

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.
All good wishes,
Nancy

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.