Sunday, January 24, 2010

Missing: One Garden Muse

I haven't nailed the Mary Lee garden theme project yet. Is it all this SNOW and ICE that is causing a lush green and dramatically colorful muse from popping into my head?

Here is what I've managed to come up with for Mission:Garden....I know, I know....they are not really garden-like and florals do not equate with garden. These are my 'warm-up' cards.

In an indirect sort of way - I suppose one could say that at some point flowers originate from a garden... but what about hot house flowers? They never had to struggle against elbowing weeds or enjoyed direct sun on their flowery little faces. Technically they are NOT from a garden. I get it - flowers do NOT necessarily = garden.

Maybe I'm over-thinking this.

I know! I need to spend some time surfing the net for garden theme digital stamps. YES, that's it more one-on-one time with my laptop! I can get sucked into the vortex of the net and push back that little voice suggesting I go chip ice from the sidewalk.


Elephant in the Garden
This card gets its name from the sketch challenge #50 over at The Pink Elephant.
~Base card - PTI (Paper Trey Ink)
~Layer of olive green cardstock
~Layer of blue, green stripe (Miss Elizabeth - Dollar Tree)
~Horizontal rectangles of blue then olive green cardstocks and coordinating Miss Elizabeth blue/green checked print
~Ovals cut using Spellbinders and Cuttlebug - two shades of green cardstock
~Image colored with Copics; flower coated with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects, leaves coated with ~Crackle Accent
~Blue/green plaid ribbon (Archiver's) 'just cuz' gift from Sissy Gail (She said not to refer to her as sister Gail because it sounds too nun-like.) She then corrected herself and said that would be "Sister MARY Gail". We have a familial 'thing' about nuns...let's just leave it at that!
~Garden rake is a ToC item from sissy Gail

Garden Fairy
~Base card - PTI
~Layer of DCWV Pocket Full of Posies
~Image - Stampin' Up Fairy Nice, colored with Copics, topped off with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects
~Stickles Diamond added to 'water' flowing out of the watering can
~Mini daisy punch (Michael's Dollar Bin) - two layers with Stickles center in fairy's hand
~Three edges of image punch with Fiskars corner punch
~Lower edge of image curved using corner curve punch
~Left and bottom edge of image cardstock smudge with ink - Cotton Candy
~Layers of green leaves punched with Martha Stewart punch
~Layers of mini daisy punch with Stickles glitter centers

Herb Garden
~Base card - PTI
~Layer of Basic Grey Wassail collection (toile print)
~Purple brads
~Filigree sticker is from Basic Grey Wassail collection
~Layers of off-white cardstocks - edges smudged with Distress Ink Old Paper and Peeled Paint
~Image (another Gail-gift: a bulk order of used stamps from e-Bay) colored in with Copics and colored pencils
~Black brads and twine added to the drying rack


Now - I'm on the hunt for REAL garden images - otherwise Mary Lee will be stuck with these.

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.
All good wishes,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. hey girl! I just googled gardens and what did I see flowers, plants, trees! I have a cute Garden stamp from SU. You want me to snail mail you a couple o' images?
    joanne jdgilch@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog! Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.