Monday, October 5, 2009

Mel, Cathy, Linda, Judy, and Gail

Whooooot! I have a new mission. I get to make cards to take on my annual sister’s trip. Sister G informed me that niece Linda, uses sister Judy’s cards that I make. Okay, making cards for my sisters is one thing. They HAVE to like my ‘stuff’ they are my SISTERS! Not only that but they make beautiful quilts and I know for certain that Gail would rather shingle a roof than make a card. Now, however, the pressure is REALLY on because niece Linda not only has an art degree from the Savannah School of Art and Design but she used to design for “Chunky Stamps”. Will I be up to the task? I hope so – but I have a fall back plan…if Linda doesn’t approve…I know sister Judy will accept them. My fall back to my fall back plan is…if Judy says, “I’ve seen better cards on the clearance rack at the Dollar Tree”, I can convince Gail to take any unloved cards. Ain’t family great?!?
One more thing. I got a reply to my design team application. I was so excited! It was so nice of Cathy at Paper Garden Projects to respond so that I know everything arrived via cyberspace. Here is part of her email: “Thank you so much for applying to the Paper Garden Projects Design team. Your projects are lovely and you use color beautifully. We will be evaluating all the applications the last week of October and will notify everyone before Halloween.”
Did you read that? My projects are lovely! I am so pumped!
Here are the details on the card.
The image is digital from Mel Stampz. It is the same image as yesterday’s card but is colored in blues rather than oranges/reds.
~Image is colored in with Copics then coated with Stampin’ Up! Crystal Effects and 'smudged' with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Old Paper by Ranger
~Flower was then attached to two layers of cardstock
~The base card is PaperTrey cardstock topped with Amy Butler design paper by K&Company.
~The blue plaid ribbon was a surprise giftie from Gail that she purchased at Archiver's

1 comment:

  1. So what will you do on the design team--because I know you will get chosen???

    And I'll take all rejects because they are way 'more better' than anything at the Dollar Tree. . . .

    And where is the Dollar Tree anyway? I have never heard of it.

    ML

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.