Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lavender - Seriously??? Flocking - REALLY????

Those who don’t make cards frequently ask, “’how do you come up with these’ or ‘where do you get your ideas’?” Well I’ve thought about this and will try to explain the process in my very next post. I want to get this card uploaded before I leave for work but I will return later to get into the inspiration details. I’m warning you it may be like watching a movie on fast forward, watching children chase soap bubbles on a summer day, or enduring the ‘watch for the stars’ peripheral eye exam at the DOT. So, I’ll be back later with ‘thoughts from the bubble’.

Here is the card I completed last evening. I categorize cards as I upload them. This one goes in my “You bought it now USE it category’. It will also be part of a new category 'Giftals from Gailey'. This newly named category will house cards that have 'parts' that contain goodies from sister Gail in Omaha. Let's be honest - I can't really lump her actual purchases into the 'Transfer-of-Crap' category. Cards utilizing certified ToC will be categorized as such.

~Base card is Bazzill dark purple
~Design cardstock layer is DCWV Indian Summer collection
~The horizontal strip of purple is stamped with Stampin’Up! mesh (can’t remember the actual name) background stamp. It was stamped using Versamark then covered with copper embossing powder then heat set. Purple brads added to either end.
~The image area was stamped using a leaf stamp from the Michael’s dollar bin. I embossed two of the leaves with copper, then embossed one using purple embossing powder. Lastly I used my glue pad and stamped three leaf images and used Fun Flock Lavish Lavender by Stampendous. (Fun Flock??? What was I thinking when I bought this gem???) Fun Flock would be the reason this card made it into the ‘now USE it’ category. It’s bad enough I actually paid for Fun Flock, but LAVENDER???? What?! Do I have an inner bunny trying to make its way into my consciousness? LAVENDER – a certified member of the PASTEL family! I BOUGHT THIS???? Really???? Not to mention FLOCKING... Seriously? What - was I channeling some REALLY wacky wallpaper designer? There was flocked wallpaper in almost every room of our house when it was purchased years ago - I couldn't tear it down FAST enough when we moved in! I do have to acknowledge that I do like the hint of color the flocking makes. Okay - I don't HATE it but..did I NEED it? Get REAL - it's FLOCKING for the love of Martha!!!
~The image is stamped onto a rescued manila file folder then layered on two colors of cardstock.

That’s all I have time for right now. I’m off to attack résumés and mentor young minds!
All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.