Saturday, October 17, 2009

Gouhlishly CLEAN



Just a quick note with today's cards. Had to have something quick to work on because I told myself I HAD to do SOME housekeeping duties. My day went like this... card room, clean a little in the bedroom, card room, clean up Bailey's room, card room, clean the bathroom, back to the card room to vacuum the floor - NO SITTING AT THE CARD TABLE ALLOWED, put a few things away in the kitchen, back to the card room for more card assembly.
I scanned the usual 'haunts' for the perfect challenge and found it at Stampin' B. The challenge was to make a Halloween card.
I don't know why I like making Halloween cards. I've never sent Halloween cards and don't even think of Halloween as a card sending holiday but I can't NOT make them. I really, really like to make them.
I was going to build layers on the design paper but realized when I randomly cut the first chunk it was almost 'fussy cut'. I couldn't make myself cover the crazy haired zombie or the cutie wee ghosties. I had to come up with a way to incorporate these ghouls into the card.

Zombie Walk
~Base card Stampin' Up Pumpkin Spice
~Design paper is K&Co Halloween Whimsy- Monster Mash Shimmer Paper attached to a layer of black cardstock
~Eyes of all the ghoulish peeps were dotted with Stickles
~Layer of vellum with a die-cut Cuttlebug spider attached to the corner- the ends of his legs dotted with Stickles Black Diamond
~Vellum attached to design paper using brads - orange sheer ribbon threaded through brad loops - assorted ribbons tied onto sheer ribbon

Just Hangin' Round

~Base card Stampin' Up Pumpkin Spice
~Design paper is K&Co Halloween Whimsy- Monster Mash Shimmer Paper - with all four corners rounded using a punch and attached to a layer of black cardstock
~Gold metallic thread
~The wee ghouls hangin' round are die-cut Cuttlebug and spotted with dots of Stickles. Each one is tied with a piece of lime colored thread (man- did THAT take alot of time - my fingers are too fat to be trying to tie THREAD around objects barely large enough to hold onto).
That's it for now - still have cleaning to do. Gee, maybe if I cleaned more frequently instead of sitting in the BUBBLE making cards - I wouldn't have to spend SO much time cleaning on a Saturday!

All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.