Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bubble Infusion

Another week – poof- GONE! And only ONE card to show for it!

One late night was dedicated to tutoring. OMG – being a floor parent gets me into so much extracurricular activity! I started last year tutoring a (now) junior transfer student from Texas. “We” are “studying” the endocrine system… ISH!!! YUCK!!!! ICK!!! If anyone had told me I would someday be crackin’ open a Med-Surg textbook again I would have certainly told them where they could just tie their large intestine!

My fondest memory of my Medical-Surgical year during ‘nurse school’ – was the day MVBFWW (My Very Best Friend in the Whole World) Sharon-Loo and I literally kicked our Med-Surg books down two blocks from the hospital to my house. We laughed hysterically the entire way! This was way before it was hip to recycle…

One night was eaten up by the Graduate School Fair that my office (me) hosted. Just ask the students – I don’t play fair. I blocked off the path to the cafeteria re-routing everyone intent on eating dinner to pass in front of the grad school recruiters. Reluctant though they were, they knew better than to try to bypass my blockade. If I said it once – I said it a hundred times, “Just walk by and say ‘hi’ to the nice grad school people.” Some students actually did that. I would hear “Hi, nice grad school people!” Some felt the need to say Nancy is making us walk by you – can she really do that? (Well – I DID – does that answer your question?) To several I would say, “I ask you to do ONE thing for me all year long – You can do this for me!” (Wow, I sound more like a mother than a professional career director!) They all, surprisingly, played along with the detour. I know for certain that a few of the students stopped by for information that had the mandatory alternative route NOT been created would NOT have stopped at all.

Miss C came over two or three evenings to study. (At least I’m not requested to assist!) She just sits quietly in the basement – curled up with a quilt – and a ….physics textbook.

The floor parents all bought Little Debbie’s. (Did I ever tell you the Hostess Cupcake story?) Each of our ‘little darlins’ on Alverno Four – had a little Halloween surprise in their mailbox on Friday.

Other evenings I just worked late trying to ‘catch up’. Suffice it to say – not nearly enough Bubble time this week!

Now here I sit in Omaha at Sister Gail’s waiting for nephew Gary and neice-in-law Tamarah to arrive from Atlanta. Can someone explain why I drove to Omaha to see them when they will be in Sioux City tomorrow???? Just so I can party with them at a local pub. Burgers and Bloody Marys – whooooo hoooo! I’ve been giving Tamarah (good ol’ southern gal) a hard time about our impending snow – I actually hope it DUMPS on us while she is here.

Here is the card-data:
~Base card – Paper Trey Ink – Sweet Blush – edges smudged with olive
Layer of BasicGrey ‘Infuse’
~Vertical rectangle: layer of Bazzill Pickle green, layer of PTI Dark Chocolate, topped with BasicGrey Infuse – which was too bright white – so I over-stamped it with Distress Ink Old Paper using Stampin Up! Canvas background
~The Jacobean floral rectangle includes a layer of pickle, dark chocolate, striped BasicGrey Infuse, and topped with another final layer of BasicGrey Infuse – I outlined some of the stems with Versapen and used Adirondack Moss embossing powder
~Three neutral buttons with twine – attached with dimensionals

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.