Friday, November 20, 2009

Bling Cheats


In the world of quilter's there is a term know as "cheater quilts". Cheater quilts are for people like me who love applique' but don't have the talent or patience to create an applique' quilt. I'm not afraid to admit it - I've made a cheater or two.

And now I have entered the realm of cheater card.... this card doesn't have any stamped image - it features a 3D sticker - complete with glittery highlights! Talk about easy!!!

To make up for being a 'card cheat' I also put together a card for a new (to me) challenge site. The current BasicGrey Challenge is to use BasicGrey design paper anywhere in the card along with some bling. Well...since I just came back from a vacation that included deep philosophical discussions about being or becoming 'Bling-Worthy', I decided I had to jump into this challenge!

Card Recipes

Cheated Birthday
~Base card - PaperTrey Ink
~Design paper Cosmopolitin Collection by Making ~Memories (this is one of those - 'why did I buy this' purchases. I used both sides - solid and floral.
~Sticker - from the $Tree
~Ribbon from Archiver's
~The sentiment is from Stampin Up

Dress Form Bling
~Base card - PaperTrey Ink
~Layer of BasicGrey Cupcake paper pad
~ Adhesive ribbon from JoAnne's (a gift from Sissy Gail) threaded through a Stampin Up Hodgepodge buckle
~Two more layers of BasicGrey Cupcake paper pad - with the edges curved
~Layer of olive cardstock edges smudged (I can't seem to NOT smudge edges - I just love the addition of depth it seems to create.)
~The digital image is a freebie from Mel Stampz. I colored it in using Copics and then coated it with Ranger Crackle Accents. The bling, at the waist of both outer dresses, I added last. (Okay - so it's not a Blast of Bling - it's an understated Bitty Bling.)
You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.