Monday, June 28, 2010

Early to Rise

Got up extra early this morning so had time to put the finishing touches on this card that I started last evening. This is the final in a set of tea theme cards for friend Mary Lee. I'm also sending her the two 'tea' cards from last night's post, Cuppa, and Tea Leaves. This one nearly made it into the garbage bin as I had a fight with the blue Copics. I finally tamed the dark blue beast (B039) enough to call it passable. I know the shadowing is dreadful and lacking but I worked so long on it I just couldn't give it a toss. It was one of those "it will quilt out moments'...just keep working...it will get better...or not...

I think I need a Copics class.

I looked up a Copics Certification course that will be held in Lincoln, Ne. The description sounds like it is mostly for store owners. I did find some dynamic video tutorials. Although I would like to become "Copic Certified".

After watching several of the videos I think I am going to place an order for Gina K Designs cardstock. I like the softer coloring that seems to result in comparison to PaperTrey Ink. I will keep using PaperTrey Ink for my base cards. It is just so sturdy and makes for a great base.

I need to keep this short as time is marching on and work awaits! Luckily work is a 6 minute drive from home.



I've Got The Prussian Blues
~Base card PaperTrey Ink Spring Rain~Layer of BasicGrey Cupcake paper pad
~Rectangle of navy blue cardstock and coordinating Cupcake layer
~Navy and cranberry cardstock then digital image printed on white PaperTrey Ink
~Digital image (freebie) from KLM Digital Designs, colored with Copics (NOTE TO SELF - next time leave the Prussian Blue in the drawer), rose topped with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects, tea pot coated with Crackle Accents
~Red brad used on top off tea pot lid
~Navy ribbon
Challenge
Crazy for Challenges - sketch

Must dash...the cliff calls.
All good wishes for a wonderful day. Thanks for popping by.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.