Saturday, October 17, 2009

LOADS of Laundry




Oh to be young again… We have two college students, downstairs, right now doing laundry. They JUST arrived… 9 PM. They will be still doing laundry when I get up in the morning. They have mountains of dirty laundry!
Every once in awhile I ask a couple of my office ‘regulars’ if they would like to do laundry at my house. (Did I mention I'm a floor 'mom'?) Ask them? They'll tell you - Laundry on campus…YUCK. Sharing washers with BOYS!! Going in to put your washed clothes in the dryer only to find out that someone has taken your wash out of the washer and placed it on the floor… Well, needless to say, they LOVE coming the house, hangin’ out, watching movies, doing laundry.

Well, T & S are now starting hours and hours of laundry. They have movies in hand, textbooks to read and study. I just told them to lock the door when they leave.

On to the cards…I’m trying to get bunches made so I can take them with me on the annual sister’s trip. We leave SOON… Why did I waste part of the day CLEANING – I have serious quantities of cards to make!

Medallion
~Base card vanilla cardstock – edges smudged with cranberry and rose
~Design paper K&Co – Amy Butler (stripe)
~Next is another layer of Amy Butler using a quilt maker technique – fussy cutting – around the medallion. I attached the ‘medallion’ to a layer of navy cardstock.
~The image was stamped, on the back of the striped Amy Butler design paper, using one of the stamps from the Verve ‘Life’ set. I used Versamark then Ranger Cobalt Blue embossing powder. I attached this to a layer of navy, salmon, green, and another layer of navy cardstocks and added lime green brads.

London Butler
~Base card is Paper Trey Ink cardstock – edges smudged with SU Really Rust ink
~Design paper is K&Company Amy Butler
~The next layer is vellum stamped with Stazon Teal Blue using Stampabilities Le London Script. I tore all four sides of the vellum after I stamped it.
~The narrow strip at the top is one of the coordinating DP in the Amy Butler collection
~The larger flower is die-cut and smudged with assorted inks
~The top flower and rhinestone is from Petaloo


Pink Hydrangea

This is a loose interpretation of challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges (challenge C4C7)
~Base card is Paper Trey Ink cardstock – edges smudged
~Next is a layer of design paper – Moda for DaisyD ‘frost green’ (MODA – can you believe it – one of my favorite quilting fabrics – available in paper – THAT is so AWESOME).
~I smudged up the top of the die-cut and dry embossed oval layer with several colors of ink and added brads to three corners
~The image is a digital freebie colored in with Copics. I dotted Stampin’ Up Crystal Effects on the centers of each of the petals and attached the stem – slightly behind the oval.

Well, I’m going to bed…the girls are on their own doing laundry and watching movies!

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.
All good wishes,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. All 3 cards are very nice.I especially like the hydrangea one. All pretty colors and nice designs. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.