Monday, October 12, 2009

Intimidating Discount Diapers


The pressure is on!! Sister Gail sends niece Linda an email informing her that I mentioned her in my blog. Linda tells Gail ‘can’t wait to see you, bring cards!’ Well, I guess that is better than ‘bring cards, can’t wait to see you.’ I’ve already expressed my reluctance at sharing cards with an artist…VERY intimidating (even if I DID change her diapers when she was a baby). I have my work cut out for me before the annual sissy’s trip to Georgia.
Even though yesterday started out with mass on campus and a family weekend brunch – I completed two cards.Here is the skinny on the cards.

Shades of Flowers
I had to use a larger card base for this as I didn’t plan ahead when I stamped the image – so the image determined the size of the card.
~The card stock for the image is Crestwood Neutral Tan – I tore the edges. Image area is stamped using Stampin’ Up! The Art of Life. The stalk of leaves were stamped multiple times using Versamark for a watermark look. The three flowers, from the same set, were stamped using Distress Ink Peeled Paint. I colored in the flower petals using a light touch of Copics for a muted look. Over the top of the leaves and flowers I stamped (using Stampin’ Up!’s Weathered background) and smudged the torn edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Old Paper.
Both pieces of hardware are from the SU! Hodgepodge collection. Brown ribbon is threaded through the buckle
~The stamped image is attached to the reverse side of Cosmic Cricket – Gretel Woodland collection. The corners – rounded using a punch. This layer was then attached to the base design paper layer using dimensionals.
~The design paper layer is Cosmic Cricket –from the Gretel: Woodland collection
~Base Card is PaperTrey Ink Vintage Cream cardstock – edges smudged with SU! Chocolate Chip and Distress Ink Old Paper

Circular Motion~Base card is PaperTrey cardstock
~Blue layer is DCWV Indian Summer Collection – edges rounded using paper punch
Polka dot layer is from the same collection – rounding the edges as well
A vertical layer of the same blue was attached to form a base for the circle ribbon (ANOTHER present from Sista Gail – I’m so lucky she can’t pass up a bargain – even if it’s something she won’t use!!!) It is adhesive back ribbon she purchase from the dollar bin at JoAnns.
~The tree is a stamp picked up at Michaels’ in the dollar bin. It was stamped using SU! Chocolate Chip. The ‘horizon’ was stamped using a ‘stem’ from SU! Best Blossoms.The 'leaves' were punched using a utilitarian office supply paper punch, glued to the tree, then dotted with Stickles. The image is stamped on PaperTrey cardstock scrap, a layer of brown, then a layer of DCWV Indian Summer Collection – the ‘sparkly’ cardstock.
~All the edges were rounded to compliment the circular motion of the ribbon, cardstock, and leaves.

P.S. Gailey also purchased the Indian Summer cardstock – lucky me, lucky me!

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.