Thursday, January 12, 2012

Headed for the Trash

I've been silent for days! Had to be at work every evening this week. Finally got home at a decent time today. Just in time to put the finishing touches on a card and quick post.

I was at my sister Gail's over the weekend and picked up a clump of quilting fabrics that was lying on the table. I asked her what it was for and she said, "I sewed those swatches together to take to the quilt shop to buy backing to match. You can toss it in the garbage." I started to comply then hesitated saying, "No, you just never know...this may end up on a card someday." She laughed and walked away.

The colors are so yummy and rich I just couldn't toss this conveniently sewn together grouping! So with a little of this and a little of that...viola! A card!





Quilts and Friends
~Base card - PaperTray Ink - Kraft
~Layer of My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus
~Layers of 10 different fabric pieces sewn haphazardly together
~Twine at the top of the card
~Die punched daisy petals using Kraft cardstock smudged with cranberry ink and centers scored
~Button and twine
~Sentiment hand written on Kraft cardstock, edges torn, dotted with extra fine Sharpie, layered on cranberry and olive cardstock, and cream color and cranberry mulberry papers
~Inside sentiment: they age with you yet never lose their warmth.
Challenges and Inspiration
Shabby Tea Room - photo inspiration with sewing theme
Stampin' Royalty - use fabric
Paper Play - stitches

Thank you for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

3 comments:

  1. Now this made me laugh. You can go thru my trash anytime!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness......this is so unique and just stunning. LOVE that pretty fabric and you made it into a wonderful card! You're so very creative to take those squares and do something wonderful with them. I love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at Paperplay this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.