Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crack that Cricut Open!

Just got done with my Cricut frenzy! I invited two co-workers over to figure out how to use our Cricuts. Three women three different Cricut models. Nancy brought her Cricut Expression, her Jukebox, software, assorted Cricut gadgets, and 15 cartridges - all still UNOPENED. She has been accumulating all these treasures for over the last 18 months - just didn't have the nerve to crack it all open and get started.

Well two hours later and a mountain of cellophane and cardboard boxes later - and she is feeling confident enough to get started when she gets home. She is going to use her gadgets to cut out fabric to applique quilts, pillows, and tote bags. She saved the 'flower power' flower and number 2 and is ready to make a pillow for her granddaughter. She also left the Jukebox and 6 cartridges for me to play with!

Now for a Valentine's Day card.


So Sweet
~Base card navy cardstock
~Border and background layer both from Michael's The 12 Days design paper
~Magenta cording
~Digital image by Michelle Perkett colored with Copics printed on Cryogen White
~Three red rhinestone hearts
Challenges
Card Patterns - sketch
Card Cupids - Valentine
Paper Sundaes - Valentine

Thank you for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

P.S. I just found out I don't need the Jukebox because I have the Cricut Mini! Yea! I won't be jealous of Nancy's cartridge holder! I will continue to borrow her cartridges since I don't own any of my own yet.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun Cricut party!! Your friend sounds like me...I wouldn't have a clue what to do with one and would probably be too chicken to try on my own! LOL!
    This is such a cute little card. Love how you did the twine and those heart gems are so sweet. Love that image too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.