Sunday, December 11, 2011

Stepin' Out

Again, I wonder why I don't have time for making cards! Here is my most recent time sucking project. As a college dorm floor parent one of the projects we decided on was to make the 'door decs'. Door decs are placards with the student name. The decorations are usually season related - and are created by the resident assistant monthly. We already made the door decs for the guy's side of the floor - and they are in place. I forgot to take a photo of them - but they did turn out well.

For the girl's side of the dorm - we are providing the door signs for the month of April. So...with the idea of April showers - I went to the one person I know with a Cricut. She mass produced the 50+ parasols - each individualized with the student's name. I added the bling - lots of sequins, glitter, and stickers - and added shine to the rain drop. I showed these to Jenna the resident assistant for the girl's wing...she loves them and can't wait to use them. She did, however ask if I could 'super-bling' hers. So Jenna's umbrella is back on the craft table. (There are three spellings of the name Hannah!)


Here is a card I put together this weekend. I've never made a card like this before. I popped over to the JUGS site and saw that the challenge was for this center step technique. I almost opted out but thought - hey why not?! Why not 'step' out of my comfort zone? It's not the finest example of a step card but it was my first. I had to 'whittle' down the cutting measurements because of the size of the envelopes I have on hand.



 Bountiful
~Base card - PaperTrey Ink Berry Sorbet
~Design paper - DCWV Rainbow Stripes (used horizontally and vertically)
~Front fold has layer of green cardstock and a strip of Berry Sorbet threaded through a Stampin' Up Hodgepodge metal buckle
~Two brads
~Freebie image by Elizabeth Dulemba colored in with Copics and highlighted with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects
Challenges and Inspirations
Just Us Girls - technique
One Stitch at a Time - use a digital image
Creations by Gill - red and green
Crafty Catz - anything goes

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

9 comments:

  1. Cute door decorations. Love your centre step card, lovely bright colours and fab cornucopia image.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely step card, thanks so much for playing with us at OSAAT

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little umbrellas! So cute.
    Your card is terrific! Great DP for this image too. Lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy
    A fabulous card fab paper's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz this week, love your card, gorgeous.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I changed the size of mine too Nancy! Yours came out perfectly! I do love the trim across the bottom of your card! Glad you gave the challenge a go!

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ and Happy Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeahooooooo! {You are SO great!} I am LOVIN' this post! {THAT'S why.... GOD created the Cricut, btw! How DARLING!} Super fun use of the Center Step technique - WHAT a brilliant way to punctuate that fabulous cornucopia image and your BRILLIANT use of color!!! Yipeeeeee! So glad to have you back, sharing your mad talent with Just Us Girls! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really neat. thank you for joining in with the challenge this week of red and green

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.