Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Deckled Snow

I'm still working on my mission to complete the 15 Christmas cards per sister Gail's request. I was hoping these little guys would make me yearn a little less for snow. I don't think I care for all the BROWN outside. I actually prefer the white fluffy stuff covering up the yard. It just HAS to snow one of these days...right? This is Iowa after all!

And I have a confession to make...I bought myself a Cricut! I bought a Cricut-Mini and am still in the learning process. I don't have any cartridges - but DO have a friend at work who has a very nice assortment - and was generous to let me borrow one to practice with. I was afraid I was not going to be on Santa's good girl list so I went ahead and bought it myself right before Christmas. Actually I popped a bid up on eBay without any expectation of winning...and I DID!

Most of my practice cuts are not card-worthy! I have "MUCH TO LEARN" and many tutorials to watch! I did manage to deckle cut this rectangle using the "Child's Year" cartridge. It was really scary putting an already colored image into the machine and hoping for the correct placement. I did a couple practice runs - and am very glad I did! I now know I need to print, then cut, THEN color! It will be much less nerve wracking to chop through an uncolored digital stamp than a completed one!

Oh the learning I will do...the mistakes I will make...the fun I will have!



Three Fifths Glee Club
~Base card - white linen
~Layer of Paper Studio design paper Happy Hootin' Holidays
~Grosgrain ribbon
~Cricut: A Child's Year
~Digital image by Sassy Cheryl colored with Copics, highlighted with Inkssentials Glossy Accents, snow dotted Stickles Diamond
Challenges
Sassy Cheryl's - Snowman with a die cut
Tuesday Morning Sketches - layout

Thank you for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

8 comments:

  1. I was right,I did see Cricut lol! Eagle eyed;) how exciting!
    You are brave but then it so payed off! Your deckled edge cut works just perfectly here! Nancy I went almost a year owning only one cartridge "Plantins Schoolbook" it has so much on it,once you get the hang of using all the buttons you can do everything except bake a cake lol! I keep thinking I'll invest in a longer blade. Do you know the trick about using repositionable glue on the cutting mat to "recharge" it when it's sticky has worn off?
    I'm not an expert but if you get stuck and you think I can help,just email me . Have a great day,julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!! That image is great and your coloring is fantastic!!
    Love the paper! (I just got it from HL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and utterly adorable card, Nancy. Love the coloring, the ribbons and the DP. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the purchase of your Cricut! I bet you're just thrilled with the purchase. Good for you!!!!!!
    Loving this card and your sister Gail is going to be thrilled to see it.
    It's gorgeous!!!!!!! Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy - I totally love your card. Congrats on your Cricut...I love mine. There is definitely a lot to learn, but so worth the time. You managed a great cut. I have that cartridge and had no idea that it cut that way!! Thank You for sharing your creation with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute-hang in there with the Cricut, you will get it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I love those sweet little snowmen!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketchs and we wish you a very creative New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.