Friday, December 11, 2009

Mojo Pear


Finally a post - I'll post later on why I have been in abstentia lately. For now suffice it to say I'm making time to blog because the way I blog - I may have something to yada yada to share but have no recently created cards or I may have cards to share but may not necessarily have any yada yada. What a dueling challenge I've made for myself!

Since I wanted to post a few challenge cards to the challenger's blog-sites - I am forced to not bore you with details from my personal life - and just get these babies uploaded!
Birthday Mojo
Layout inspiration from Mojo Monday.
~Base card - PaperTrey Ink Soft Stone Cardstock
~Layer of hot pink Miss Elizabeth paper scrap pack ($ Tree)
~Layer of green from the same Miss Elizabeth pack
~Three scallop circles of teal cardstock topped with gold color swirl paper (same Miss Elizabeth) pack - used Spellbinders and Cuttlebug
~Ribbon from American Crafts
~I held the bow together using a silver eyelet and my Crop-A-Dial (I thought the silver circular eyelet mirrored the look of the silver metal birthday tag)
~The metal birthday tag was a $Tree purchase long ago
~The pink clip at the bottom is from Spare Parts (purchased by sissy Gail at Hobby Lobby)
~The scalloped edges of the circles were dolloped with Stickles


Wrong Tree Right Fruit
This was a challenge from Our Creative Corner with the inspiration - The Twelve Days of Christmas
~Base card - PaperTrey Ink Vintage Cream cardstock - edges smudged with Distress Ink Peeled Paint
~Layer of BasicGrey Fruitcake (used the front and back)
~Numbers/words tags - die cuts (BasicGrey)
~Stamps: Christmas and Bird (Martha Stewart); Pear (Stampin'Up All Natural); Musical Notes (Composer's Dream Stampabilities)
~Assorted stuff: drum button (clipped off shank); gold ring (it was silver - painted it with acrylic paint); gold floss; felt tree (Make it Christmas - Hobby Lobby)
~Bird and pear colored in with Copics and topped with Glossy Accents (bird) and Crackle Accents (pear)
~Ribbon (Hobby Lobby - Make it Christmas)

You can get up close with the card click on the image.
All good wishes,
Nancy

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.