Monday, December 28, 2009

Merciful Mammogram!

The day is almost over and I am proud to announce I still have not done one shred of housework. I did rearrange a few items in the Bubble. Sometimes I like organizing as much as I like card making...weird huh? Maybe it's not so much enjoying the organizing as it is rediscovering goodies, finding stuff I couldn't find previously, or just making my Bubble a better place.

So my house isn't clean (but the Bubble is)! Thank goodness there are leftovers - so no cooking today either! I was, however, productive. (I actually started my day EARLY an 8 am mammogram. Nothing like a stone cold vice grip to get your day going. Regarding mammograms - I only have one question - what is up with the 'now hold your breath'. As if breathing is an option this extremely compromising position. To make things even odder - the room with the mammography machine - has a LARGE window - with no shade, no curtain. Now before you type OMG in the comment section - the window looks out over a South Dakota field - but REALLY!!! Between the vice and the world wide window...)

Yippeeeee I found a new challenge at Lord Have Mercy! Cool beans! Just what I needed! The layout challenge is MTSC #53. I've never made a square card but bought some square envelopes today - then I clicked into Mercy's site - it was serendipity! I had square envelopes the challenge is for a square card! MTSC53.

Mercy Squared
~Base card PaperTrey Ink Soft Stone cardstock edges smudged with black
~All the design paper is K & Co Amy Butler 'Lotus' (used 6 companion prints)
~Base layer - strip
~Rectangles and squares have gray cardstock bases
~The circular 'medallion' layers: smudged (Memento grey) and trimmed doily (does anyone REALLY use paper doilies - not anyone I hang with that's for sure!); circular layer of design paper - row of dots added; another circular layer of design paper; scallop circle is punched stamped and colored (Copics and Stampin Up Dual Tip Markers); brad center.







The Same but Different
Same layout different different looks.

A is for Apricot
~Base card - Stampin Up Apricot Appeal
~Background and upper images stamped using Stampin Up Petal Prints
~Sentiment - Stampin Up Warm Words
~Petals of flowers coated with Crackle Accents; centers accented with Stickles
~Entire card spritzed with Memories Mists: Mango Lemonade and Orange Juice











B is for Brads
~Base card - Paper Trey Ink
~Four companion prints from K & Co Wild Saffron collection
~Flowers (Autumn Leaves - Flowers - Rhonna Farrer) embossed with Distress Black Soot, colored with Copics and topped with Stampin Up Crystal Effects - brad centers

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.
All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.