Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thank You Mr. Miller

I was color inspired by a quilt I recently saw. It was pink and grey. I'm getting reacquainted with some of my oldies but goodies Stampin' Up sets - especially the two-step stamps.



Michael Miller Inspiration
~Base card - pink cardstock
~Layer of BasicGrey pattern paper - edges smudged with pink ink
~Three flower Stampin' Up stamps - from the Delight in Life set
~Flower centers are white pearls that I colored with a bright pink Sharpie (I know.. the photo looks purple....they are pink...really....)
~Oval die cut with 'friends' sentiment and another pink pearl as the dot to the 'i'
~Strip of dry wall mesh (inch by inch...I WILL use that enormous roll my husband bought for me at the hardware store!)
Challenges
BasicGrey - anything goes
Less is More - pink

I'm off to pack for a trip to Wisconsin. I'm attending at conference with my boss...6 hours in the car with my boss....yikes!

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa 

10 comments:

  1. Great sketchy quality in the flowers! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Nancy, but don't forget that we like to see areas of white space on submissions to our clean and simple challenges!
    Pretty flowers.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are lovely and I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I love the background pattern paper. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your card. The background is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love being called out - in public - thought the object was to have fun. My mistake. I will delete the entry from the unhappy blogger's site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Nancy!! I love the sketchy look of the two step flowers and I so appreciate that you've used some "unloved" stamps on your project! I, too, need to do that more often!! Beautiful color combo - anything with gray is my fave these days! Have a great day and thanks so much for sharing your beautiful project!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely lovely Nancy and so glad you shared it with us! The flowers are balanced wonderfully and such a nice color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Totally love the subtle effect of the 'dry wall mesh'... I can't imagine just how much there would be in a whole roll!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.