Friday, November 23, 2012

Blingin' on Christmas

I recently received a text from daughter Amy's best friend. Jennie put in her annual request for a few Christmas cards - only four this time. I can get that done in NO time! Right?

Here is card number one. Thank you Mojo Monday for providing just the sketch I needed to use my poinsettias! I admit I just have a thing for hand cutting images. I double stamped the flowers - topped with glitter glue and Stickles - cut them out - then attached them to layer of green and red card stocks - and cut again. I think it is a throw back to my days of paper dolls!

Forgot to mention - any cards made for Jennie must have BLING - the more bling the better!



 Pointy Poinsettias
~Base card - olive green card stock
~Layer of design striped card stock
~Cream card stock stamped with a tree, highlighted with green glitter glue, misted with glimmer mist, dotted with red Stickles, cut using a scallop circle die cut
~Two poinsettias - glittered up with red glitter glue (yes good old Elmer's glitter glue), highlighted with yellow and green Stickles - one layered on green card stock, one layered on red card stock
~Merry Christmas sentiment stamped on green card stock label cut using my Cricut Mini (Some day I am going to really get into this electronic gadget! I need to get over my fear of the little 'bugger'!)
Challenges
Mojo Monday - sketch
Crimbo Crackers - Christmas anything goes
Tanda Stamps - anything Christmas
Whimsy Stamps - traditional Christmas colors

Thank you for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

3 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, sweeet card! I enjoyed reading your random musings, fun stuff!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent most of my childhood playing baseball and football with the boys - no dolls for me! However, I LOVED paper dolls - and cutting out the images really does remind me of that too.

    So pretty and just perfect for the holidays. Love that stripe background paper too!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Very Pretty card Nancy!! Thank you for joining us this month at Whimsy Stamps!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.