Friday, November 9, 2012

Feeling (not so) Blue

Daughter Amy is home! I love it when she is padding around the house, cracking wise, and serving as chief instigator! I took the day off. I'm not sure what she has in store for us today but I'm looking forward to whatever it is we do.



The Blues
~Stampin Up! Night of Navy cardstock
~Layer of blue hues design paper
~Rectangle of Stampin' Up! Night of Navy topped with more of the blue hues design paper
~Leaf die cuts
~Strip of dry wall mesh tape (Lynn! Are you convinced you NEED some yet? hehehehehehe)
~Stamped flower from Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Thanks - flower stamped twice with flower top popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals 
~Top flower highlighted with Crackle Accents
Challenges and Inspiration
Charsima Cardz - feeling blue
Dutch Dare - favorite things (dies, dry wall mesh tape, dusting off forgotten stamps)
I{Heart}2Stamp - sketch

Thank you for clicking by. I'm off to gobble up some Amy time!
Nancy in Iowa

7 comments:

  1. I really like the effect you have created here on your card.
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Lovely Nancy,your card is a beauty, I haven't got this mesh, just the shabby gauze looking one that plasterers use, me thinks I need to take a trip to the DIY shop!,Did you know that I too have an Amy and like yours shes a real character! Hope you both had a lovely day,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely.Thank you for sharing with us at Dutch Dare. And good luck.

    Caz xx DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love dusting off favorite stamps too! Your card has such a truly mellow and relaxing feel to it and I think the design is brilliant!! Beautifully crafted card Nancy. :)

    Thank you so much for joining our challenge and sharing your wonderful talent with us at Dutch Dare.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layering and dimension. Thanks for playing with Dutch Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Hun the style is perfect :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges :)

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the design with the layered flower and mesh. Thanks for playing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.