Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ring of Fruit

Oh, I am so excited! Mel from Mel Stampz is one of my blog 'followers'! I've never met Mel but I love her blog! Her site is filled with tips and instructions. She isn't just a card maker she is into many crafty things. It is a great place for inspiration. Wow. I feel like a real card making blogger now!!

It is getting late so no stories tonight just a card. The image is clipart I 'discovered' this fabulous site reading Mel's blog! Clipart

Quite by accident this card turned out to be 'the perfect storm' of elements. I bought the ribbon more than a year ago from the dollar bin at Michaels. All this time it has sat loved but unused - cellophane wrap still intact. The upper right corner 'thingie' is half of the remains of a ring Sister Gail 'transferred' to me. I pounded it flat and put it in my "I might use this for something" box. The image I colored in while on my 'sisters vacation' not knowing when or how I would use it. The design paper...well I had it on hand but it also was unused but loved. I cut out the image, smudged up the white background, curved the edges - and BOOM - all the other elements popped into my noodle!







Fruitopia
~Base card is PTI
~Layer of BasicGrey Ambrosia
~Print ribbon from the dollar bin at Michaels
~Image colored in with Copics - coated with Ranger Crackle 'distressed with Old Paper and Teddy Bear Brown inks and layered on brown cardstock
~The embellishment in the upper right is half of the ring that held the china painted ring that Sister Gail 'transferred' (See China Ring card - November 17) (Watch for the other half to be used on a future card - just don't ask me what it will be or when it will happen.) (I'll have to wait for another 'perfect storm'.)

You can get up close with card by clicking on the image.

All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.