Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dumplins' & Dragons


Where did the morning go? I really only got two cards made? I also looked through my favorite cook book.... Does that count as cooking? I was in the kitchen while I skimmed through the book....

No need for me to cook last night! Mother (AKA Memere Old) made one of my FAVORITES - Chicken n' Dumplin's! And a choice of dessert - homemade apple pie or cream puffs! No doubt about it I went for the cream puffs. (I hear Sister Judy makes THE BEST cream puffs ever - maybe I should instigate a mother/daughter/sister cream puff challenge.) I have to admit it scares the beejeezes out of me that this 90 pound 92 year old is using a pressure cooker - but arguing with her is even scarier. No need to cook tonight as I now have leftovers from last night.

These card colors diverge from my usual palette. I liked the layout sketch (C4C12) posted today at Crazy 4 Challenges so I decided to go for it. I think I mentioned that while on vacation I colored in several stamped and digital images using my Copics. So when I colored these I had no idea what the future would hold for them - no layout plans, no idea if I had design paper to coordinate...Not sure that was such a good idea but I do like having a stock of already colored and coated images.

Dragon Greetings (Crazy 4 Challenges C4C12)~Base card: PTI~Layer of DCWV Nana's Kids matstack~Rectangle - layer of orange cardstock and layer of Oh Baby Boy by BasicGrey~Square is layer of orange cardstock and repurposed blue and green file folder and note card, respectively.~Image is a digital freebie from Elizabeth O. Dulemba , colored with Copics and coated using watercolor varnish~Sentiment (Stampendous Flexible Friendship Wishes) is layered on blue, orange and green
Pastel BouquetThis layout was made up on the fly~Base card - PTI - white - edges smudged with Stampabilities Cotton Candy~Layer of Bazzill blue cardstock~Layer or design paper from Oriental Trading~Layer of white - DCWV The Glitter Cardstock Stack; edges punched with Martha Stewart trellis punch~Second layer of design paper from Oriental Trading; edges curved with punch~Image is from stock.xchng I overcolored it with Copics, added flower brad centers and hot pink ribbon bow
You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.
All good wishes,Nancy

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.