Sunday, May 17, 2015

Simply Tied Up

Well! I survived the graduation party! I think everyone had a good time. The weather was lovely. All I provided was the location. Amazing how 'easy' it was with that being my only task! The food was delivered! The wine coolers were premade! The meat and cheese was precut. All I provided was platters, bowls, tables, and chairs! Briar made these cute nom-noms! Edible mortar boards!


 
It was fun to meet her Colorado family. I had the honor to chat with her Korean War veteran grandpa! He was a member of the most recent Honor Flight so I got to hear all about that!

Briar's grandmother and both her aunts - all were sportin' her Bri's tie dye dresses! As a thank you she made me a tie-dye apron - she made one for my dear hubby too! FUN! Plus I love aprons. Which is odd...my cooking skills are limited and sporadic at best. I guess aprons make me feel more legitimate in the kitchen!

My sister told me I needed to include photos of the aprons...here they are. Ignore the plastic Wendy's spoons! I put them in the photo so you could see there are pockets! (Four pockets - only 2 spoons...I was too lazy to go back upstairs to get a real kitchen utensil for each pocket.)

My apron!
 
John's apron.
 
So...I have this stack of stub cardstock strips from making square cards... Every time I glance up and see the never diminishing stack...not to mention the mountain of coin envelopes I remind myself to use a strip now and then! Today was the day for a "coin card"... Pretty simple layout and card. I let the design cardstock do the work...Sometimes simple is good...right?



Simply Happy
~Base card teal cardstock
~Layer of DCWV Mango Frost glitter cardstock
~Happy birthday sentiment die
Inspirations|Challenges
Just Us Girls - color week

Here's to aprons, weird shaped envelopes, and chatting with a military veteran!

Nancy in Iowa

2 comments:

  1. Loved the entire post, from yum yum to tie dye! Glad all was a huge success! Love your card too Nancy as always! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great graduation party Nancy. Love the aprons - so colourful.
    Simple is always good and your 'simple card' is so lovely. Love all the sparkle and great layout. I bet the photo doesn't do it justice. So glad you shared this with us this week at Just Us Girls. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.