Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wind Chills and Hot Beverages

I really wanted to play along with the challenge over at Just Us Girls. Great photo inspiration over there. Another Sami Stamp. This is the second actual card I've made with the cocoa girl. You'll see another version later at {Pin}spirational. Note I said the second ACTUAL card...I had many mis-steps in between...my layer of paper piecing...totally messed up...wow... I have about 4 of these in the scrap heap in various stages of OOPS!

I went with the 'time' feature of the photo inspiration and worked it into the digi stamp. With high temps in the single digits (we won't mention the wind chill factor) and it is always time for hot cocoa, or hot tea, or hot toddies!

This card is actually yellowish golds, beiges, and blacks...it looks totally different here! The color is yellows on my iPad - but they are completely different here on my laptop. Ahhhh the mystery of technology, resolution, pixels, and Pantone!


Brrrr....
~Base card black card stock
~Layer of Prima design paper Paper Tray
~Two tone twine
~Clock face stamped in lower right corner - Versamark with gold embossing powder
~Digital image stamped on colored paper - colored with Copics, paper pieced, highlighted with Stickles and Marvy Liquid Applique
~Sentiment laser printed and die cut with Spellbinder layered labels
Challenges and Inspirations
JUGS - photo inspiration
Pink Elephant - anything goes
Digi Galore - girly
Creative Card Crew - anything goes
Through the Craft Room Door - anything goes

Thanks for clicking by! Stay warm!!!!!

Nancy in (very chilly) Iowa


5 comments:

  1. Love the background of this card! This is a beauty ...doesn't matter which number it actually was! Well done! Thanks for playing along with us over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is marvelous!!! I love the added liquid applique - it makes her outfit look completely real! SO PRETTY!!! the clock and and all the other details are just wonderful. A totally beautiful card!
    Stay warm up that way....Burrrrrr!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I could use that hot cocoa about now. We got a bunch of snow last night and it is really cold here. lol What a cute image....love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect image for most of us in the US! It's in the single digits her in Buffalo, NY too! I had some hot cocoa today to warm my bones! Very pretty card...glad you stuck with it! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the background on your card and a picture. Thank you for participating in the Creative Card Crew challenge. Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.