Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ghost of Warmer Temps

Tryin' to stay warm in sub zero temps - I guess it's only natural to have thoughts of the North Pole - even post Christmas. I won't complain about our current minus 9 degrees. Compared to other Midwest podunks this is balmy!

Ironically Atlanta, GA where my sister Judy resides is the one under a Wind Chill Advisory. REALLY!!! Their current temp is 43 degrees. Our HIGH tomorrow is supposed to be a whopping minus 3 degrees and THEY have a Wind Chill Advisory? Oh please..... (Fools don't even own a decent wool coat, knitted scarves, long johns, ear muffs...) (Sister Judy in Atlanta just email me...I'm supposed to feel sorry for their 43 degree temp because they don't have winter coats....) SERIOUSLY?!

Anyway....about the card.....
Had to play along with the sketch over at Just Us Girls! I love an excuse to pull out the vellum and use a new Christmas gift tool! (Thanks to Lynn for using this folder so I could add it to my Amazon wishlist! I actually have a few more items because of her! Thank you Lynn for posting the details about your lovely cards. I hope you are staying warm down there in Texas!)

I was pretty fortunate this year! Daughter Amy and sissy Gail bought some fun items for me to use in The Bubble! Distress Markers, Distress Stains, embossing folders, design paper, dies, washi tapes....can't wait to use it all!


Ghost of Christmas Past
~Base card off white linen card stock
~Layer of My Mind's Eye snowflake cardstock
~Layer of Santa face from same MME collection
~Three pieces of Vellum embossed using Hero Arts Dots embossing folder
~Snowflake brad by Spare Parts (HUGE MARK DOWN at Hobby Lobby!)
~Label die cut by Spellbinders/Cuttlebug, sentiment printed with laser printer
Inspiration/Challenges
Just Us Girls - sketch
Jungle Belles - something old something new (old card stock, new embossing folder)
Polka Doodles - anything goes
Emergency Crafters - cold
Our Creative Corner - shopping sins (HAD to have this collection of My Mind's Eye...and yes...I hoard it.)

Thanks for clicking by - Stay WARM!!!!

Nancy in the Tundra of Iowa

13 comments:

  1. Nancy, we're actually pretty cold down this way for a change. Suppose to be down to 25 tonight - and it's so windy. NOTHING compared to what you're having to experience though! Brrrrrr...........Hope you're staying inside and staying warm as toast! I can't even image temps that low!

    Glad I could be of assistance on enabling you to get that folder! LOL! I LOVE the way you used it on this gorgeous card! Just wish I could create like you. It's so beautiful and love that wonderful Santa image.

    Stay warm and just remember that it'll warm up in several months and all this cold will just be a chilly memory!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful project, Nancy. Love that embossed bit of vellum! Thanks for playing along with us at PolkaDoodles.
    Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love those embossed vellum panels over the Santa background. Very rich and elegant looking. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a paper hoarder too, so I understand your need to hoard these gorgeous My Minds Eye papers ;)
    Anyway I am glad you used one of the stash for this awesome card! Wow!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at OurCreativeCorner and take care over there - seems to be a very hostile place to be at the moment.

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and the colours are gorgeous not only on the image but the layout truly stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage Santa Image he is really cute. Thank you for entering the Polkadoodles Challenge. Happy New Year. Katie DT Polkadoodles xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the papers and that great Santa image. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure wish I would have thought to use vellum when I was making my card for the challenge over at Just Us Girls. Your card is fabulous...love that Santa! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, love the Santa!Thanks for joining in with Emergency Crafters this time, Carole Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a very clever idea to add the vellum to represent the ghost element - I love that and your card is really beautiful. Love your random musings on the sidebar too. Thanks so much for joining in this month at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty. Love vellum! Thanks for joining in with us at polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this vintage Santa and how you've used the vellum panels to 'ghost' him! Very clever of you-is all that cold good for the creative juices!? Hope so-our high yesterday (in New York State was about 7 degrees!)
    thanks for joining us at Just Us girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful santa image, and i love the way you've layered that fabulous embossed vellum! thanks for joining our "old and new" fun at JINGLE BELLES! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.