Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fresh Badminton

Happy Sunday.

I started my day by going up to the campus to use the treadmill. I love to be in the work-out room when there are no students. While they are supportive of my feeble attempts to 'get fit' my total 'regimen' lasts less than 30 minutes. They "kindly" say things like, "hey - if you don't pay attention you will break 30 minutes!" Even though they smile and nod...I can't help but think they are mentally filing me away as a "how NOT to get old and out of shape" role model. They are athletes and spend lots of time in the weight-room. They don't make too much fun of my awkwardness on the elliptical and the paltry speed I dial up on the treadmill because they like that I frequently bring home the towels they use for wiping down equipment, necks, and foreheads (and heaven knows what else...). So...here I am in my Bubble working on cards while those nasty/sweaty towels are swirling in the Tide and Clorox Bleach (extra Clorox). On the bright side - they will smell "Downy" fresh and I don't have to fold them. I just pile them into the 'clean towel' basket and return it tomorrow during my next "grueling" cardiovascular session - with not one student in sight. There are a few students on campus over the summer, and lucky for me, none of them get up at 7 AM!

Since I am working on achieving 'clean' towels I decided to go with a 'Clean and Simple' card. I actually woke up the other morning with this idea in my head and decided to give it a go. While I really like the daisy stamp...as I was layering them for a look of 'movement' it seem screamed 'shuttlecock in flight!'








Daisy in Flight
~Base card - Lemon Tart by PaperTrey Ink
~Daisy stamp (Petals from Scratch by Fiskars) colored with Copics
~Sentiment from Fishars' Petals from Scratch
~Ribbon
~'Buckle' from Stampin' Up Hodge Podge
Challenges
Crazy for Challenges - one layer
Sentimental Sundays - pocketful of posies
Great Impressions - anything goes
Challenge Up Your Life - one layer
Happy Scrapers - anything goes

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I LOVE THIS!! The colors, flower, dimension, buckle, everything!!! Fabulous CAS and great card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Nancy, you never fail to make me smile when I read your posts, The shuttlecocks sure are coloured beautiful lol! no really, as if anyone but you would think those beautiful blooms should be hit by a racket! Keep up the good work on the treadmill, not sure I could do so! Have a great week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...and love how you have coloured and layered the daisy. Also enjoyed your story on the gym....keep up the good work. 30 minutes is more than I do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.