Sunday, May 29, 2011

Shoe-Shoe Don't Bother Me

Yeah! Time in the bubble. I decided to get busy and work ahead on the request I know will be coming from Jennifer for blingy cards to give as gifts at Christmas. She loves all things bling so I 'kicked' off her yet to come request for cards with this strappy, sassy, party-ready shoe.

While I will admit to hating most shopping I do enjoy shopping for shoes. This enjoyment does have an exclusion - shopping for shoes with my husband (AKA Poppy - the name given him by granddaughter Bailey) and especially when the shopping extravaganza is for FOR my husband. We walk into a large DSW - he astutely notes that there are mostly women shopping and he ingeniously notes that the store is mostly filled with women's shoes. DUH...HELLO....men have but two choices in dress shoes - brown or black, tie or slip-on. Of course there is only ONE aisle of men's shoes!

He takes off his 'weekend' shoes (destined soon for the garbage can) and I see not only thick white gym socks - I'm horrified to see that one of them has a toe peaking through. We are shopping for dress shoes not sneakers! He actually looked stunned when I admonished him about not wearing dress weight socks. He said, "Well these are thin...in places." Did I really need to explain to him that THIN socks (holes in the toes) does not mean the same as thin dress socks? REALLY! What a dork! Such an adorable duffus he is.

If this were a happenstance shoe shopping event I might not be so dismayed - but we got in the car for the express purpose of Poppy Shoe Shopping. Luckily the shoe store sells all types of socks. How very savvy of them to have socks in stock! He not only got a new pair of shoes but new dress socks. The experience was so exasperating I finally left him in the confident shopping skills of our daughter. As they took care of the hunt of the shoe...I trekked down the walk to Archiver's located conveniently next to the shoe store. I was happy to excuse myself from their father-daughter time and they were happy to be rid of me. It was a win-win for all!




Sassy Straps
~Base card - confetti cardstock
~Layer of Bazzill Herbal Garden cardstock
~Layer of Paper Studio Emily's Stripe
~Layer of Paper Studio Emily's Flowers bordered with more Bazzill Herbal Garden
~Pink polka dot satin ribbon strip and ribbon flower
~Free digital image JAK wedding shoe printed on Paper Temptress Cryogen; colored with Copics, highlighted with glitters; die cut using Spellbinder and Cuttlebug; edges smudged with Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Leaf
Challenges/Inspirations
i heart to stamp - sketch
Creations by Gill M- green, pink, and flowers
Crafty Catz - pink and green
Daring Card Makers - passion for fashion
Totally Papercrafts - pink and girly
Really Reasonable Ribbon - anything goes
Crazy for Challenges - favorite activity (shopping for shoes!)
Cupcake Inspirations - photo inspiration

Thanks for clicking by.
Nancy in Iowa

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, typos! LOVE the shoe and would like a pair, just to look at! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't which I like more, your story or your card. I think we could swap husbands and never know the difference!
    Your shoe is gorgeous, I would love to be able to wear it but my feet are so wide I've given up on swanky shoes and just go for comfort these days but when I was young I would have winced thru the pain for a pair of shoes that look like these.
    thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card - and shoe - are ADORABLE!!! So very stylish too!
    Loved the story.....I know where you're coming from exactly as my hubby and I went shopping for him some new jeans the other day!!! What an experience!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, wonderful card, love the papers and that shoe is fabulous - Love all the glitter. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy, Your card is gorgeous, love how you did the shoe, very lush, thankyou for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week...

    I also loved the shoe shopping story, made me laugh, guess all men are the same wherever there from...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this card! Your saga made me laugh, typical male story! Thanks for joining us this week at CBGM
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shoes! Thanks for sharing this at Darign Cardmakers this week. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. The detail in your shoe is stunning. I'd love a pair of those! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow gorgeous shoes, I love the added glitter. Thanks for joining us at the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy
    A gorgeous card love the flower,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Nancy.....!

    thank you for joining us at tpc....and good luck!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello My lovely friend,it's been killing me not being able to post comments,I'm realy hoping that this one posts,I tried to comment yesterday,wrote one of my usual essays and it didn't post so here goes,I'm going to keep my fingers crossed,will be back in a mo if it does,fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ziperdy doo dah!!!success!
    I dislike all shopping with the exception of the crafty type but if I knew I could find a pair of shoes just like these pretty things,I'd have to try them on. How ever did you achieve such major bling? they are sooo pretty. I'm hoping that Poppy found his perfect pair! Thankyou for filling my in box with lovely comments today,you made my morning. Have a great week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish I loved shopping for shoes. I always wait until I'm desperate for new shoes and have to panic buy! Having said that I found a great new pair of sandals today to replace the pair I've had for the last 5 years!!

    Anyway, LOVE your card. Especially the ribbon rose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW nancy this is a fantastic card and so fitting for my challenge this time - thanks for playing along. Hope to see you back again for the next one. http;//creationsbygill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool shoe!!! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.