Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bye Bye Wedding Monkeys

I just had to make a NON-wedding card before turning in for the evening. I got some of the weeds pulled - more weeding tomorrow. When I'm in the Bubble working on cards I usually play a DVD of some sort or play something on my laptop using Netflix. I have to have the 'noise'. Sometimes I'm paying attention, sometimes not so much. It's all about the background noise. Today I had on NYPD Blue Season One. WOW...I had forgotten who the players were and how 'gritty' this series was. The theme music is cool - I forgot about that too. What a blast!



Button Baby~Base card PTI Berry Sorbet~BasicGrey Cannon used vertically and horizontally
~BasicGrey Sophie horizontal strip
~Layers of yellow and blue cardstock
~PTI White~Digital image by Mo Manning colored with Copics, ruffles topped with Stickles, wings coated with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects, image punched using Marvy scallop circle punch
~Three flower buttons with ribbon
~Challenges:
Mo's Challenge: use Manning image plus buttons and or bows
Paper Garden Projects: Sugar and spice girly
Deidrich Dare: Use sparkles
I'm off to get ready for bed. I think I'll sleep well tonight with the Wedding Monkeys off my back!
On this eve of Memorial Day I post this poem in hope that they who have given the ultimate sacrifice may not be forgotten. My evening prayers will include Jeffrey, one 'my' students who was deployed to Afghanistan the Friday following graduation.

They Keep Us FreeIn time of need their will is sure
American, their freedom pure

Protect our life and liberty
Unselfishly, they keep us free

Each soldier knows what is at stake
The risk is grave, there’s no mistake

With pride they serve our country strong
They face each foe to come along

Remember them while in your home
Or where you choose to freely roam

Don’t take for granted what you see
Some left this life, so it could be

To God I urge you all to pray
For soldier’s brave, to face each day

We should be thankful, one and all
For those who march to meet each call

Roger J. Robicheau


You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

Thanks for clicking in,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! I love the flower buttons. Thanks for taking part in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem... This is adorable. You can come pull my weeds..:) Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.