Monday, May 17, 2010

Beer, Rhubarb, and One Pink Elephant

What a quiet day at work. I already miss the noise, chatting, singing, giggling, guffawing and even the occasional swear word that drift past my doorway all academic year long. Sure the parking was GREAT but jeepers it was too quiet!

After work - a trip to my mother's house. It was time to fill the bird feeders, take out the garbage, and of course - she wanted to go out to dinner. A beer and an entire burrito with gravy, lettuce and tomato, chips/salsa later, she decided she was full. For a 92 year old woman who weighs about the same amount as her age she can really pack it away! I have to go back tomorrow night to transplant a hosta. I tried doing that tonight but with the shovel she had I would have been better off using a wooden ice-cream 'spork'. I will take my OWN shovel and move the hosta tomorrow.

Last week when I was there she was lamenting the lack of rhubarb she had. I went outside to see if there was more to pick and found a hill she hadn't even touched. I picked a large handful of the tart 'fruitable'. Did you know that it is botanically a vegetable but the US declared it a fruit (with resulting tax incentive)? Hmmmm.... well anyway I evidently picked too much because she told me the next day (about 4 times) how she spent HOURS chopping "all that damn rhubarb". Ya' just gotta laugh...

Time for a quicky card. I have to admit I didn't do much. This is re-purposing of a card I received. I added the base card, the design paper, brads, ribbon, and a few sparklies. Ta Da! Instant card. Challenge was a sketch challenge at The Pink Elephant.



That's all for tonight.

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.

All good wishes,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Nancy! This image is so adorable and you did a great job coloring it. You really did a good job with the sketch!!

    Silvia~ TPE/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...she is adorable, Nancy!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.