Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cocoa, Balloons, and Lasagna

Sissy Gail was kind enough to agree to my volunteering her home for a night for two students. The plan was - I would drive Mollie and Andi to Omaha - we would spend the night at Gail's and then I would drive them to the airport EARLY this morning. They were to be at the Omaha airport Friday at 4 am....

Their destination? Hawaii! Fifty plus college students on a singing tour over break. Not to mention this was Andi's first time on a plane.

Thursday evening, a pan of lasagna, an entire loaf of French baguette, salad, and 3/4 of a pan of brownies later the girls were tucked into bed dreaming of tropical flowers and ocean breezes (and no snow). Before they went to bed they had to make a 'payment' of singing a song for Gail and I. Andi did her rendition of "Pants on the Ground" complete with choreography. Then they both sang in harmony - one of the songs they will be singing on tour. Even with the giggling and pausing to say, "this is where the boys sing", it was a lovely mini-concert.

I wish I had an audio I could embed in this blog of all the times Andi squealed, "I'm going to Hawaii!" or "I'm going to be on a plane!" Gail and I would shake our head and smile every time she would feel the need to share her excitement.

Andi sent a text message when they landed at their final destination. It read, "I'm in HAWAII!"

The girls are in Hawaii, and Gail and I woke up to MORE SNOW. Really! Is this ever going to stop????

This is a very simplified version of the actual events of the past couple of days. It actually included another student Kayla, a hair appointment, and a trip to the Crossroads for a rendezvous. If I could copy and paste in this goofy blog I would tell you the whole story - suffice it say - I spent Thursday and Friday night in Omaha at Sissy Gail's, was entertained by Mollie and Andi, got to have a sissy jammie day, and got to see Daughter Amy...what a great couple of days!
Back in Sioux City and I headed straight for The Bubble. The challenge "Make a Scene" over at Kraftin' Kimmies was to use at least two stamps in a scene. Here is what I came up with.

Toasty Greetings
~Base card - Paper Trey Ink White cardstock
~Layer of DCWV - Glitter Stack
~Layer of white photo cardstock - edges smudged with blue - as snowy horizon base
~Images - Bernadette and Oliver from Kraftin' Kimmies colored with colored pencils and Copics, coated with Pearlescent paint. Liquid Applique' used on Bernadette's tuft of hair under her earmuffs and on Oliver's marshmallows.
~Sentiment - Toasty warm thoughts of you!




Next is a challenge card sketch at Crazy for Challenges. The image is a new purchase from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil.

Thinking of You
~Base card - Paper Trey Ink White cardstock
~All the design paper is BasicGrey Cupcake
~Image - Mo Manning's Maya's Balloons - colored with colored pencils and Copics, balloons topped with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects
~Sentiment - Just Right Stamps- Thinking of You
~Red corner metal brad






One more upload before bedtime...
Mo's Challenge Blog has a challenge to make it "Clean and Simple" with just an image and ribbon. Oops!!! I will have to create one following the rules - because I didn't on this one - I added layers and embossing. Who me? Not follow directions? You have NO idea. I'm going to upload this one even though it's 'wrong'. (I'll give this one to sista Gail - she won't care that it is an 'Oops Card'.) Check back later for the 'correct' version!

Angelina Oops
~Base card - Paper Trey Ink White cardstock
~Layers of white cardstock - image - Mo Manning Angelina's Balloons, colored using colored pencils and Copics, balloons and dress coated with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects
~Layers of white cardstock embossed using embossing folder and Cuttlebug
~Polka dotted ribbon

Thanks for clicking into the Bubble!

You can get up close with the card by clicking on the image.
All good wishes,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with Bernadette and Oliver, great use of the images!! Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sweet creations! love it! I went with a winter scene too. thanks for playing along with KK stamps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.