Monday, October 11, 2010

When a Good Punch Goes Bad

When you don't EXACTLY follow challenge directions.....Just wondering if there is a patrol of card-cops waiting in their squad cars. Do the card-cops break into your craft room with ATG tape guns blazing shouting - "put the crafts down!" "Put your ink stained glitter tainted hands where we can see them!" "Step away from the embellishments!" "Don't even THINK about going for the punch!"

But officer.....I set out to follow the challenge instructions calling for cut-out center - which I did - then promptly had to switch gears because the second punch I was going to use became a wimpy, toothless, couldn't cut through soft butter, more like an embossing, worthless tool. It was Marvy's fault! He didn't come through with the anticipated one-two punch! Take him! I'm innocent.....

Okay so enough of the tape-gun-toting cops....
I read somewhere that you can 'sharpen' paper punches by punching repeatedly through aluminum foil. I think I will have to try that procedure. My plan was cut the center of the doily, have it raised using dimensionals and have the diecut (now deceased) be the base to the Graphics 45  image. Because 'malevolent Marvy' let me down, the second choice for a diecut was larger than the center cut of the doily....
Never mind - I'll just post the card...Besides the challenge I'm referring to is closed anyway.

Mirror Mirror
~Base card - Paper Trey Ink - embossed using Stampin' Up Weathered background stamp and Ranger Enamelware Embossing Powder
~Doily
~Circle punch of pink cardstock - topped with diecut from Graphic 45 Le' Romantique Collection~Three Prima flowers - edges dredged through Stampabilities Cotton Candy ink
~Flower centers are three diecut roses from Graphic 45 Le' Romantique Collection - heavily coated with Ranger Glossy Accents
~Little branches punch cut using Martha Stewart punch and paint samples from the hardware store
~Sentiment by Just Rite, stamped on pink cardstock, punched using Stampin' Up Word Window
Challenges
Tuesday Morning Sketches - layout
Spoonful of Sugar - sparkle and shine (coated flower centers with Glossy Accents for lots of shine)
Polka Doodles - make your own embellishment (used Prima flowers - re-inked them, used die cuts for flower centers) To be honest - maybe this is a case of embellishing the embellishment....time to call the cops again?

Thanks for clicking by (and not calling the paper police).
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Nancy,Nancy,Nancy,you've done it again,caught me chuckling in my PJ's what ever went wrong,don't worry,your card is so very splendid!!!!,I love it,so glad you're back to posting.you always brighten my day!Lots a love and chuckles,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL such a funny post!

    Certainly brightened up a rather awful day- thanks!!!

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW I tried to sharpen my punch by punching through many sheets of foil... didn't make a difference at all...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.