Sunday, February 15, 2015

Whimsical Neck Strains

I had some frustrations with this card. Yet another concept that was FABULOUS in my head...with the execution...well let's just say these were originally printed as one unit on another die cut piece. I already had these colored so I decided to try to salvage them...Much tiny snipping and a neck ache later...here is the reincarnation.

What is it with my lack of translation from concept to reality! Is there a Rosetta Stone for this?!?

I really like Lavinia Stamps! I have a couple digital ones - might have to add some of the actual stamps to my  'internal wish list'! They are so whimsical and quirky!


From My House to Yours
~Base card Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse
~Layer of Prima Doodle Deux
~Sentiment die cut
~Two layers oval die cuts
~Digital images by Lavinia, colored with Copics, highlighted with dots of Smooch
Challenges | Inspirations
Lavinia Stamps - bright and beautiful
Tuesday Morning Sketches - sketch
Crafty Calendar - anything

Thanks for clicking by!

Here's to ruminating on the synapse hiccup from conception to reality, wishing I lived in one of the houses on this card, and hoping for a neck message!

Nancy in Iowa

8 comments:

  1. I don't know what your original concept was, but this is great!! Fun card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at TMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I can see why you'd have a few aches and pains after snipping out those cute little houses! I'll have to check out those stamps now. The houses are so precious and love the way your colored them. So fun! Cute, cute card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Nancy in Iowa......I too love these little houses they are just so cute...... you have really done a superb job with this card. Thanks for entering the challenge and Good Luck..... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stamps are adorable and I love how you've coloured them. This is a lovely card.

    Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge at Crafty Calendar.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you suffered some neck pain, I hope it recovers very soon, thank you for entering your fab little houses card into the Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute and a lot of fun. Sorry to hear you've had a rough time, wishing you a speedy recovery - I have chronic pain too - so if it helps I know what you are going through :( Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little fairy houses, in such fab colours. Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Challenge, hugs Pauline (DT Member) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely ....These little Houses are amongst my favourite Stamps and I just love what you have done with them.... Thanks for entering into the Challenge and Good Luck.... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.